Home

Is EA Sports on this plan?

This is a discussion on Is EA Sports on this plan? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2010, 05:50 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Is EA Sports on this plan?

Boostables/Consumables/DLC/MUT where all in FIFA 10 last year. And they added a tonne of improvements.

These things take virtually no time and resources away from the game. UT is made by an entirely different team as well. And online pass is made by an entirely different team at all.

Tiburon did none of the above mentioned stuff.

What's crazy when you think about all of this stuff: is that none of it was done by Tiburon!

Which begs the questions, what were they doing instead?
Old 06-21-2010, 05:57 AM   #10
Rookie

bo4345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
I think they're pulling resources from Madden and saving up to buy another exclusive license

Innovating the way Madden represents football with sweat and dollars is the last thing EA higher ups want to do

Innovating ways to take advantage of the consumers through DLC is very high on their "to do list"
They renewed the license until Super Bowl 47(2012 or 2013?) last year, but they have been releasing a lot of gimmicks. I guess they are trying to appeal to the casual gamer, or they are just trying to make a quick buck. Who knows..
Old 06-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo4345
They renewed the license until Super Bowl 47(2012 or 2013?) last year, but they have been releasing a lot of gimmicks. I guess they are trying to appeal to the casual gamer, or they are just trying to make a quick buck. Who knows..
I thougt he meant a different exclusive license rather than renewing the NFL one, which as you say expires after SB47 (although it will be renewed before then anyway).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 10:02 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
I thougt he meant a different exclusive license rather than renewing the NFL one, which as you say expires after SB47 (although it will be renewed before then anyway).
I'd bet money that this will not happen with the recent sc ruling!! Thank God, the nightmare will come to an end soon.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:25 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
I think they're pulling resources from Madden and saving up to buy another exclusive license

Innovating the way Madden represents football with sweat and dollars is the last thing EA higher ups want to do

Innovating ways to take advantage of the consumers through DLC is very high on their "to do list"
As far as the every other year plan, I'd have to disagree with that. Madden 06-10 were dissappointments. Hek, it would have been nice to have two quality Madden's during this generation of consoles.

I remember, back in 05, when Madden 06 was released for the PS2/original xbox and the 360 was scheduled to be released in November of 2005. It was like I was getting a double does of Madden. First, I was going to get Madden 06 for the PS2, than in November I was going to experience the next generation of football gaming. Almost five years later, I'm still waiting for that "Next-gen" experience. Maybe we'll get this coveted, and elusive, next-gen experience in the next next-gen console.

Now, if there's one thing to give us something to look forward to, it's the Supreme Court's ruling that the NFL isn't a single entity and therefore, it's illegal for them to enter into an exclusive deal with a company. The NFL isn't going to extend the exclusive deal with EA and risk getting taken to court again.

Hopefully, 2k and any other publishers interested in developing an NFL football game are waiting for everything with American Needle to be finalized, for legal precedent, and the sue the NFL over the exact same thing; hopefully the exclusive contract will be torn up. That way we don't have to wait till 2013 to have an alternative again.

Last edited by PocketRocket; 06-21-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:43 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 7

If they are on that plan it makes since, you cant make dramatic changes in just one year, not in complicated video game programming. So its seems that they may take a year off giving them two years to work on the game in stead of one. They cant skip a year without releasing a game because they will be losing millions of dollars, cause people are going to buy this game no matter what.

With that being said its is 2010 and we should be much further ahead, so I hope this plan started in 2009 when Ian was put in charge.

Last edited by big_larry; 06-21-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 49

If Madden didnt sell well at all this year, it would go along way for opening up the exclusive deal in 2013. Its sad, the more we support Madden, the more we shoot ourselves in the foot. There would be more then one football game if we all just had some patience. Its our own faults really.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 11:18 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 8

If you look at Madden 09 as the first game of the "post-Ortiz era," I thought it was good groundbreaking for returning the "Feel of Madden" back to the game. Madden '06, '07, and '08 all failed to deliver Madden feel... Instead it seems as if the game wanted to abandon what made the PS2 game so much fun to play. Madden '09, IMO was the first NG Madden worth playing...

Madden 10 was head and shoulders better than '09. As long as Madden 11 is better than Madden 10, I don't think anybody is going to pitch a fit (except the same ones that pitch the fits now).

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »