Home

Oh no...this is not good E3 footage.

This is a discussion on Oh no...this is not good E3 footage. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2010, 11:19 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Oh no...this is not good E3 footage.

lol the RC isnt a problem....I was 157- 50 online and in those games only 2 people could RC good enough for me to even worry about...the others are just easy wins. Bump and Run with good pressure= RC killer....And there are probably 5 real nanos in madden and only tourney players really know them. every other blitz are just overloads that can be blocked easily with slide protection and leaving extra blockers back. And for explanation a nano IMO is a blitz that uses 3 or 4 players that can not be blocked no matter what u do....if it is 5 or more players it is more than likely a overload
Old 06-20-2010, 11:24 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
Yeah I understand why you don't have the "Rocket Catch" problem like a person like me. I only play online ranked games and when you have people that Rocket Catch, it really takes advantage of the Defensive Back AI by not allowing the the Defensive back to react as fast as the Human player taking control of the WR and altering the WR's route.

Heres a video explaining how its done:

Now imagine someone doing this to you for literally the entire game, and not being able to stop it.

Does this happen in real life? Yes. In fact Larry Fitz. may do it 3, 4, or 5 times a game! But every play? No.

So I agree with you that it DOES look realistic, can ANY WR in the NFL run relatively the same route every single play? No.

This 'RC' should happen, but EA has to figure out a way to control it better. Disabling the human player from controlling the WR after he makes a pass should NOT necessarily be the solution, but having the Defensive Back react better to a human instantly changing the direction of a WR, or looping the WR around and putting him in a better position than your DB, when your DB cant do anything (literally) except stop and stare is just not fair.

So as a person that has to deal with people RCing for an entire game, I hope I explained the frustration behind the RC issue.
I do think that EA should take out the RC animation (i have never used it)...but if someone is RCing u up and down the field for more than 2 drives thats a YOU PROBLEM....I dont mean to sound like a D**K but the 09 RC was a huge problem...the 10 RC isnt even a thought imo because there are soo many things you can do to defend it vs in 09. Plus catch in traffic rating matters in 10 unlike in 09 so just hitstick the WR on the way down, if you couldnt set up your defense pre snap to defend it
Old 06-20-2010, 11:28 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

Complaining about rocket catching is just dumb. Its user catching at its finest and its not hard to stop either if you user to defend it.

The nanos on the other hand have to be fixed. Im not going to lie I use them but who doesnt? You basically have to now to play online this year. In 09 it wasnt as much as an issue because it took a lot of movement and wasnt always effective and backfired a lot. In 10 the dev team got ahead of themselves and made a pocket and apparently forgot to check how the blitzs will affect the pocket.

I just keep saying it but Madden spent all its time adding onto useless features like gameflow and team play. I love how they brag about making the game simpler and brining in new players but I guarantee they will all be turned off the first game they play a nano abuser.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2010, 11:40 PM   #12
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
I do think that EA should take out the RC animation (i have never used it)...but if someone is RCing u up and down the field for more than 2 drives thats a YOU PROBLEM....I dont mean to sound like a D**K but the 09 RC was a huge problem...the 10 RC isnt even a thought imo because there are soo many things you can do to defend it vs in 09. Plus catch in traffic rating matters in 10 unlike in 09 so just hitstick the WR on the way down, if you couldnt set up your defense pre snap to defend it
Your not sounding like a d*ck, I hear you...and in madden '10, you're right, it wasn't as much of a problem. In fact, in Madden '10 it really wasn't much of a factor at all for the most part. I was rated in like the top 150 on xbox in '09, and top '100 online in '10.

There are ways to stop the RC, I'm just commenting on the footage from the video the OP stated though, and creating a illustration for the dude that never really experienced the RC.

I hate to say it though, but if you really no what you are doing -- you could use the RC successfully throughout an entire game, even if your running the correct defenses (cover 2 in certain situations, but cover 4 in most situations, or cover 2 with an outside LB in the purple zone, Nickle 3-3-5 cover 3, or a normal cover 3 with the safety thats in the yellow zone, in a purple zone)

It wasn't much of a problem in Madden '10 tho, the team did a excellent job of doin a better job fixing it...so I do agree with your Colonel, like i said though, i was just commenting on the OP and helping explain it to the other dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasfavres
Complaining about rocket catching is just dumb. Its user catching at its finest and its not hard to stop either if you user to defend it.

The nanos on the other hand have to be fixed. Im not going to lie I use them but who doesnt? You basically have to now to play online this year. In 09 it wasnt as much as an issue because it took a lot of movement and wasnt always effective and backfired a lot. In 10 the dev team got ahead of themselves and made a pocket and apparently forgot to check how the blitzs will affect the pocket.

I just keep saying it but Madden spent all its time adding onto useless features like gameflow and team play. I love how they brag about making the game simpler and brining in new players but I guarantee they will all be turned off the first game they play a nano abuser.
Totally agree with you too, the RC is not hard to defend in '10, but the nanos like the 'A' gap nanos are a total pain in the a**. If their was one complaint that I really wish could be fixed...it would be the logic of the Center/Gaurd/Tackle positions on the Offensive Line. It almost made online unplayable for me.

Yes there were ways to counter these Nanos, but its another situation were its like 'why is a LB/Safety coming through my line untouched after EVERY SINGLE PLAY??? Its just not realistic.

Last edited by lolfalconsbeatu; 06-20-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:51 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 46

that video:

i seen that. wish i didnt see that, but i just seen that.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:31 AM   #14
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
that video:

i seen that. wish i didnt see that, but i just seen that.
Video makes me feel like Im trapped in Romper Room!LOL

Like Im stuck having my only NFL game choice being an arcade game for kids.Eminem playing in the background even got on my nerves cause I thought it was too loud.I thought 30 was supposed to be the new 20 but guess Im just becoming an old fuddy duddy!LOL

Curse EA for wasting away my gaming youth with this "communist" exclusive NFL license!To paraphrase President Ronald Regan;

If you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the NFL and EA Sports, if you seek gamer liberalization: Come here, to this forum. Mr. Moore, open this thread. Mr. Moore, tear up that license.” —Speech at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987
Old 06-21-2010, 06:10 AM   #15
Rookie

bo4345's Arena

OVR: 4

Madden is like the crazy wife/husband you should really divorce, but you don't cause of your kids.

Seeing this video legitimately turned me off of this game, but I'm still gonna buy it, because what else am I gonna do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 06:22 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 55

They should just take away the ability to move your player with the R-stick to get that user catch animation. Make guys use the L-stick and Y button like you would on defense or any other situation. To allow players to get animations like that using a "hidden" control is really stupid IMO.

I played around 250 ranked matches online this year and only ran into one or two rocket catchers, neither of who were any good at it. It wasn't a huge issue in my games, but it's still stupid.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »