Home

Community off base this year, hurting Madden

This is a discussion on Community off base this year, hurting Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2010, 12:38 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Community off base this year, hurting Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Like locomotion? WR/DB interactions? Double teams? Realistic blocking assignments? Catching debugging tool? Sideline catches?
How about modes that make the game more realistic and add replay value. Stuff that has been missing for a long time. The things you listed should already have been working, and what you listed isn't nearly enough. Too many things STILL missing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 12:40 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I'm not disappointed that they worked on fixing locomotion. I'm disappointed with all the stuff that they did not work on, and that they are still working on things that should have been working years ago.

Really, the blame doesn't fall on the hardcore community, it lays squarely on EA/Tib.
Nail on the head. The OP does not accurately represent the full reason(s) why the community is down on Madden this year. Gameplay will always be an area that can be improved, but the fact that other items were ignored is a huge issue. Meanwhile, one feature that nobody asked for, "Ask Madden 2.0", is front and center.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:41 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
So i'm right there with you on that but franchise players are the minority.
Link?
Old 06-21-2010, 12:42 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
I can tell you why they don't work more on Franchise, a lot of people never utilize it and I'm sure their marketing people know that. It's the same reason they let online be so bare bones for years. So i'm right there with you on that but franchise players are the minority.
A lot of people did utilize it. Most people on sites like this that I've been too and most of the friends I know that play do as well.

I believe it's the resources EA puts into the game, or lack there of. I believe they consider the Exclusive License part or the resource budget. Unfortunately, along with killing competition, that resource only helps EA sales and not the development of the game.

Madden should be a heck of a lot farther along than it is.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:43 PM   #29
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

Quote:
but franchise players are the minority.
Not doubting you, but do you have any stats or source to back that up?
Old 06-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #30
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Preaching to the choir my friend...or at least in my case you are.

When people say that M11 looks like M10, I usually chalk it up to a cop out. Not because it's not warranted, but because it is a sports game. How much different is it realistically going to look year in year out? If you placed 3 TVs in front of me with PS2 versions of M04, M05, and M06 playing, I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference gameplay wise. That's just me. The same can be said for the last few NBA 2Ks. It's just the nature of sports games to look similar each year aside from differences in the presentation.

Other than that, I haven't a clue what people are looking for from Madden. I thought I had lofty expectations a couple years ago; I've clearly been outdone. It seems people have this vision of virtual football utopia and they'll pick this game apart at no end until they *think* they've got it. Yes, franchise is a noticeable sore spot for the Madden franchise. Presentation leaves some things to be desired. The gameplay is not as fluid as that of the 2K series. All that said, I don't think they are that far away...or at least not as far away as people on this board make them out to be.
not a very good example...

Do that with The Show, NHL, FiFA, NBA Live or NBA 2k...

You will see a difference in gameplay..
Old 06-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #31
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
How about modes that make the game more realistic and add replay value. Stuff that has been missing for a long time. The things you listed should already have been working, and what you listed isn't nearly enough. Too many things STILL missing.
How does that make any sense? Should have already been working? WTH is this? We should already have phyiscs based interactions, perfect line play, perfect wr/db interactions, more run animations, perfect blocking, every passing style, ESPN/CBS/FOX combined presentation, multiple commentary teams?

I dont know what you want them to do. Click their fingers and have an acceptable game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 12:45 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

No link, just going by what EA has said in the past. They said that franchise is utilized by a rather small (percentage wise) of their overall users. Most people play exhibition, against friends in their living room or online head-to-head.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »