Home

Community off base this year, hurting Madden

This is a discussion on Community off base this year, hurting Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2010, 12:59 PM   #49
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Community off base this year, hurting Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
True, but with the beta for the 6th iteration to release in less than 8 weeks, how many years do they need?
I also dont think they NEEDED to IMO...Just a bad business decision when you base it on quality over quantity...

That was their best chance to re innovate the way football games were made, instead it looked like the same ole Madden..

Now we're here...
Old 06-21-2010, 01:00 PM   #50
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
A lot of people did utilize it. Most people on sites like this that I've been too and most of the friends I know that play do as well.
Yeah, but we have to admit sites like this and others are pretty inconclusive. It's no secret that the majority of the people who buy this game do not contribute to this forum or any others.

EA tracks more statistics than we know. Remember the stuff they shared publicly back in April in regards to how people play the game, where they spend their time, how many INTs logged with Brett Favre? While we may not like the results half the time, EA has statistics to back up the development and marketing decisions that they make.

I'm still of the belief that the game should be specifically designed for its dedicated fanbase and the rest of the sales will come. I'm not a fan of designing a feature set in hopes to lure in more gamers and force feeding it the dedicated fanbase. Reminds me of how cell phone companies reward their new customers with cheaper phones and rebates only to leave the existing customers out to dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
not a very good example...

Do that with The Show, NHL, FiFA, NBA Live or NBA 2k...

You will see a difference in gameplay..
Why isn't that a very good example? Maddens of the previous generation provide a lot of fond memories for people on this board. How can you dismiss that? I wasn't a fan of the last gen games so much, but plenty of people here were. In addition, I even mentioned NBA 2K in my post. You can pick out the nuances all you want but for the most part, sports game franchises resemble the prior year's edition in many cases.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:02 PM   #51
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Yeah, but we have to admit sites like this and others are pretty inconclusive. It's no secret that the majority of the people who buy this game do not contribute to this forum or any others.

EA tracks more statistics than we know. Remember the stuff they shared publicly back in April in regards to how people play the game, where they spend their time, how many INTs logged with Brett Favre? While we may not like the results half the time, EA has statistics to back up the development and marketing decisions that they make.

I'm still of the belief that the game should be specifically designed for its dedicated fanbase and the rest of the sales will come. I'm not a fan of designing a feature set in hopes to lure in more gamers and force feeding it the dedicated fanbase. Reminds me of how cell phone companies reward their new customers with cheaper phones and rebates only to leave the existing customers out to dry.

Why isn't that a very good example? Maddens of the previous generation provide a lot of fond memories for people on this board. How can you dismiss that? I wasn't a fan of the last gen games so much, but plenty of people here were. In addition, I even mentioned NBA 2K in my post. You can pick out the nuances all you want but for the most part, sports game franchises resemble the prior year's edition in many cases.
That is true with Madden...Even on last gen..

Not all Sports games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
THat would make sense if we were still playing on the PS2. They had to rewrite everything to make the transition to next gen.
More excuses. This sis 6+ years later. I've been in the software business for well over 30 years (not selling but developing). They didn't HAVE to rewrite everything. Maybe the real time graphics and calculations. But all the stuff around that didn't HAVE to be rewritten.

And even if they decided to rewrite everything, they should have at least gotten back to where they were 6+ years ago. That's more than enough time. Not enough resources have been put into development AND not enough competition (none exactly).
Old 06-21-2010, 01:05 PM   #53
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
I believe NBA Elite has fixed this..

Really? Goes to show how gullible people are when the word real time physics engine is thrown around. Not to say that there aren't benefits to using it, but c'mon. If that Brandon Jennings prototype video is any indication, that game still won't move as smooth as NBA2K.

Sorry to get off topic to the OP...
Old 06-21-2010, 01:07 PM   #54
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

Quote:

Really? Goes to show how gullible people are when the word real time physics engine is thrown around. Not to say that there aren't benefits to using it, but c'mon. If that Brandon Jennings prototype video is any indication, that game still won't move as smooth as NBA2K.

Sorry to get off topic to the OP...
Very fitting in this thread

Even tho I do not believe anything EA says anymore, they mention that morphing, clipping and etc will not happen in NBA Elite...Their own words..

Last edited by Jukeman; 06-21-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:09 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:

EA tracks more statistics than we know. Remember the stuff they shared publicly back in April in regards to how people play the game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
The numbers of people still playing franchise mode are still HUGE...and we want to keep working on this mode.
This
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 01:11 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
WRONG!!!!!!

This is right after the release of Madden 10.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040149774 Post#126
"HUGE" is a subjective term.

Everyone who wants to play a season will use franchise because it's the only option to play an organized season (games pretty much don't come with old school season modes anymore). But the biggest question is, does doing nothing to franchise equal sales failure? We'll see that it won't. I expect Madden 11 to outsell Madden 10, and I'd be shocked if it didn't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »