Home

Old 06-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Illogical.

Again, my main focus of the thread was to point out what obviously seems like complete misinformation in the original blog. We have plenty of threads to point out other issues which people have about Madden and EA Sports.

I don't think it even has to do with 'leaving wiggle room' in the writing - I think it has everything to do with just creating a blog to shut people up about Franchise.
That, or they really are that poor at project management. I'd almost rather be duped by misinformation than accept they don't even have a fundamental understanding of developing a project properly from the start, with regards to outlining exactly what you want before you begin actually developing the program.

Is there anyone that disagrees with my assessment based off of what Phil / EA has told us? Without going into whether you think they're making the right move by working on locomotion, gameflow, etc., I'm just finding it hard to believe anyone thinks this blog is true, meaningful, or genuine. And if you do think it is all/any of those things, does it not bother you with regards to the project management aspect?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 01:23 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 25

i personally thing there is no new direction honestly....Maybe for the XBOX 720 or PS4...I have no hope that we get a new franchise this generation. I feel confident about that myself.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealltogether
I think it has everything to do with just creating a blog to shut people up about Franchise.
That's exactly it. Nothing EA does is out of nobility. My take: The more time passed, the more several individuals believed (without any concrete reason) that EA was going to release this flood of information about Franchise at E3. They just knew it (I notice none of those who did that are admitting it now). And if that was happening here, it's probably reasonable to suspect it was happening on other forums as well.

EA sees this, doesn't want E3 to result in that type of outcry, so they get the message ahead of time to head it off first. That way, they have more control over the discussion surrounding E3 rather than it centering on franchise.

Fact is, we heard the same song and dance after '10's release as we are now. There's no reason to believe them until they deliver. At this point anything they say about offline franchise is just white noise.

But whatever they tell you about online you can take to the bank.

Last edited by Flamehead; 06-22-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:18 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 8

If someone asks me what type of ice cream I want, I'm yelling out a flavor. I'm not wondering why he asked nor am I trying to disect the question to see what it really means...

Don't sleep. If you're hearing about soemthing coming from a huge corporation like EA, best believe that a good portion of the real legwork has already been done. Don't be fooled by the flowery language, EA isn't just starting right now, today, on Franchise mode.

Think of it like you're on a private airplane with millions of your friends. The plan is already in the air, already has a crew, and they are asking the passengers about places they want to go. Although anybody on board can suggest a trip to destinations the plane doesn't have fuel to reach, several destinations are reachable.

Liftoff doesn't begin with us... we only control the destination... So stop worrying about whether what Phil said is logical or not. READ THE IMPORTANT PART. Franchise is a point of emphasis for Madden 12 and they want your input.

SO GIVE IT TO THEM.

Later
Old 06-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #29
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
If someone asks me what type of ice cream I want, I'm yelling out a flavor. I'm not wondering why he asked nor am I trying to disect the question to see what it really means...

Don't sleep. If you're hearing about soemthing coming from a huge corporation like EA, best believe that a good portion of the real legwork has already been done. Don't be fooled by the flowery language, EA isn't just starting right now, today, on Franchise mode.

Think of it like you're on a private airplane with millions of your friends. The plan is already in the air, already has a crew, and they are asking the passengers about places they want to go. Although anybody on board can suggest a trip to destinations the plane doesn't have fuel to reach, several destinations are reachable.

Liftoff doesn't begin with us... we only control the destination... So stop worrying about whether what Phil said is logical or not. READ THE IMPORTANT PART. Franchise is a point of emphasis for Madden 12 and they want your input.

SO GIVE IT TO THEM.

Later
I don't remember them saying it was a point of emphasis for "Madden 12". Maybe I need to go back and re-read the blog, but it was my understanding that it will take "well over a year" to do and it was their direction for the future... not necessarily for next year...
Old 06-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
I don't remember them saying it was a point of emphasis for "Madden 12". Maybe I need to go back and re-read the blog, but it was my understanding that it will take "well over a year" to do and it was their direction for the future... not necessarily for next year...
You think they would ask for us to direct them on the path if they weren't ready to make changes in Madden 12? As if we weren't already ravenous enough.

There would be no point of telling us this early in the cycle that Madden 11 won't have Franchise updates, while asking about what we want in a future version...

Read between the lines... They might not say 12... I'M SAYING 12.

Later
Old 06-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 16

They can keep their new fangled franchise mode

Just give me:

(1) a realistic SIM engine (score/stats)
(2) better free agent logic
(3) better trade logic
(4) better cap/budget logic
(5) better progression logic

Is this too much to ask? These can all be implented without fundamentally changing franchise mode.
#1 Rule of Sliders: Realism is Relative
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 02:12 AM   #32
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjew887
They can keep their new fangled franchise mode

Just give me:

(1) a realistic SIM engine (score/stats)
(2) better free agent logic
(3) better trade logic
(4) better cap/budget logic
(5) better progression logic

Is this too much to ask? These can all be implented without fundamentally changing franchise mode.
Agreed, if EA didn't correct the simmed stats in the existing franchise mode and corrected the other errors mentioned here, they can forget about my money

I'm not going to buy on the first day, this year I'm going to wait 2 weeks to find out what the problems are...since EA clearly showed last year that they have no intention to quickly patch the stuff that ruins the experience.

Last year we waited and waited for the second patch, and after waiting 2 months I sold my copy.

Hopefully the tackles stat is done right this year...it kills the experience if you play with the 49ers and Willis's tackles are half of his previous years only because they left out the assisted tackles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »