Home

Madden 11 Impression: Gamerunion

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Impression: Gamerunion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2010, 06:59 PM   #41
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden 11 Impression: Gamerunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
there is no comparison.. Madden's new locomotion is absolute junk compared to 2k8.. i don't know how anyone could even argue with this..
Just go watch a 2k8 video, and it will be immediately obvious.
Not everyone has the same tastes. Why can't people accept this?
Neither person is wrong or right... just opinions.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #42
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Lol. There is a typo in Abner's preview also. Should that invalidate his opinion as well?
invalidate? huh?

his opinion stands (along with abner's)......but using THEN & THAN is not a typo...it's sloppy writing.

like "effect and affect"

a typo would be more lik <<<
Old 06-23-2010, 07:32 PM   #43
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Both previewers (this writer and Bill Abner) had limited time with the game and both got 2 different opinions. What's wrong with that?
Absolutely nothing. This is also why we like to have various writers commenting on games in our E3 write ups because people can come away with very different opinions. I hated the XCOM demo. Others liked it. Nothing at all wrong with that.

Everyone needs to understand that Todd and I played about 1 hour of Madden at E3. I had appointments basically every 90 minutes at the show spanning 3 days. I saw a lot of games, just like we do every year and by the time the show is over everything is a blur. Take a look again at the E3 page. Go to the front of the feature. That's 144 games.

That said, the time I spent with the game was almost universally positive -- and yes, I have written a ton of negative E3 previews on sports games. In fact, over the past 11 shows I would say that most of my EA Sports previews have been less than thrilling. I was not a Madden fan at ALL until last year. Most overrated sports franchise in history as far as I am concerned going back to when it was a console game and FPS Football was on PC.

I was KILLED on this forum the year I went to E3 and slammed NCAA football. You would have thought I had slapped The Pope. Dig up the threads. You can still find them. It makes for fun reading.

I will say now what I said then: It's E3. If you are looking for depth you are looking in the wrong place. It's a snapshot. There is no real time to test sliders, AI patterns and behavior, clock management, AI playcalling, -- stuff you need to do to really get a feel for what is going on under the hood. What I said in the preview is exactly what we saw at the show. No more no less. I'd be lying to you if I said it wasn't fun playing with Todd, though.

Based on our time at the show if you asked me right now to pick a game and that was the only game I could play this football season: NCAA or Madden -- that choice is an easy one, even though I did like some of what I saw in the NCAA kiosk.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »