Home

Halftime Show and Extra Point???

This is a discussion on Halftime Show and Extra Point??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 02:14 AM   #73
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Halftime Show and Extra Point???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spills22
I was at E3. Played a whole game and watched others. There was no halftime show in the E3 demo. Maybe they removed it because they are trying to speed up games by removing it just like they are doing by adding gameflow. I sure hope Ian is working hard on getting new features added to the game before it ships or they surprise us in the next few weeks. I'm concerned that they have been awfully quiet this year.
haha i feel like they just took last years game, added locomotion and gameflow, updated the rosters and then switch the 10 to 11. They are straight up trying to rob people this year. What a joke.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:09 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 10

Why should i buy this game after 5 years of complaining and begging EA to get this right and they still havent. Allpro2k8 had a halftime show and that was on the next-gen console, so why is it so hard for EA to get this right? Its inexcusable for these guys to keep giving us excuses with broadcast cameras not looking right or adjustable, no decent halftime show like nfl2k5 and the list goes on and on. 5 years!!!!!!!!! What is the problem EA??!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:28 AM   #75
Pro

OVR: 18
Question Re: Halftime Show and Extra Point???

This is absolutely ridiculous if they haven't fixed the Extra Point show. The presentation of Madden has been one of its biggest issues. We ALL want to quit looking back at NFL2K5. I'm sure EA wants to put this longstanding comparison to bed. So why on Gods green earth have they not blown out the halftime/postgame/weekly shows???

To remove it completely is ludicrous. That is admitting defeat. The Extra Point was a great idea that was rushed and needed a lot of improvements (highlights!, commentary, league happenings, etc.). I hate to say it, but without it I may be passing on Madden and sticking with NCAA this year. 6 years of pleading and posting to have a 2K5-killer show in Madden...and nothing in 11? Inexcusable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 08:32 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 15

I hope we do get some clarification or a explanation from Ian and the other Madden devs about the lack of a haltime and extra point presentation is not included in Madden11. Especially last year when Ian said a couple of times that the groundwork is already laid out for a improved halftime show and extra point show for the next Madden (Madden11)
Old 07-15-2010, 10:21 AM   #77
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Does NCAA 11 have a halftime show?
Old 07-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #78
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
Does NCAA 11 have a halftime show?
Nothing.

The end of the game has some highlights, POTG standing on a bench with arms in the air and some still shots.

That's it.

The gameplay is so good, no one is complaining about it. If they are, it's very few and far between.

Last edited by roadman; 07-15-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #79
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

This is just me throwing this out there, but maybe... MAYBE there is something there that we haven't seen yet. You know how all of the vids we've seen so far had Drew Brees's pre-game chant regardless of the team. Well yesterday on Ian's twitter I caught him responding at23steeler's question that every team actually has a custom chant recorded by actors. So, maybe the vids we've seen don't have all the bells and whistles yet.

Yeah, I know it's a stretch...

Quote:
@ian_cummings are pregame chants, all Saints chant? Is fatigue more of a factor, especially in Denver. is kicking tough at Heinz Field?

@at23steelers Saints is only pre-game chant recorded with actual athlete (Brees), rest are still custom but use actors.

@at23steelers all are custom (like -"Who are we!" "Lions!"), but only 100% authentic one is Saints cuz Brees recorded and gave us rights
Old 07-15-2010, 12:04 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
This is just me throwing this out there, but maybe... MAYBE there is something there that we haven't seen yet. You know how all of the vids we've seen so far had Drew Brees's pre-game chant regardless of the team. Well yesterday on Ian's twitter I caught him responding at23steeler's question that every team actually has a custom chant recorded by actors. So, maybe the vids we've seen don't have all the bells and whistles yet.

Yeah, I know it's a stretch...
Hey thanks for showing the info from twitter. I am trying to get as much info as I can, as no one else is allowed to say anything about Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »