Home

Halftime Show and Extra Point???

This is a discussion on Halftime Show and Extra Point??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2010, 03:03 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Halftime Show and Extra Point???

If this is really the halftime show now, I'm not really surprised. I've seen EA take good things out that they could at least have just left it alone. Like with 08 how they introduced the star players, and out of nowhere took it out for 09 and if I remember correctly replaced it with .. buildings.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:24 AM   #18
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

In one of the videos Ian made fun of 10's dumb halftime comments and said that it would be fixed and wouldnt just talk about the number of plays. So I still have hope.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-22-2010, 07:11 AM   #19
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
In one of the videos Ian made fun of 10's dumb halftime comments and said that it would be fixed and wouldnt just talk about the number of plays. So I still have hope.
Really? I must have missed that vid. Was it an E3 one?
Old 06-22-2010, 07:37 AM   #20
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Really? I must have missed that vid. Was it an E3 one?

no, it was one of those 'preview interview' segments (around the time of the draft)

can't exactly recall which one...but the guy is correct...I saw it too
Old 06-22-2010, 08:48 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

Yeah there's two videos from E3 on the forum that clearly show the halftime or lack of halftime show. I don't know fellas, im just frustrated already and the game isn't even out yet. The game looks pretty I just don't have alot of confidence in EA/Madden. Ian basically lied to us last year, this same subject came up after E3 09/madden10 when we saw the halftime show then. Ian mentioned that they didn't have time to add in commentary during the highlights and other stuff they should be in the halftimeshow and Extra Point. Now, he did say last year that they could either maybe add it in a patch for Madden10 or just wait to put in Madden11 because the had the groundwork already laid out for it. Here it is Madden11 and the halftime show looks even staler than Madden10.

They say they want to surpass APF2K8 and NFL2K5 it shouldn't take 3 and 4 years to do basic stuff like adding this, or surpassing the passing game of those two 2K games. I was reading Valderaz blog, and after watching some of the E3 vids also of some of the things he pointed out, I just don't know. I want Madden11 to be great but even from other peoples early impressions of playing the game, Im not sure if it will be much improved. I really hope it is, I just may have to rent this game first, or hope EA/Ian improves on alot of things between now and release date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 09:19 AM   #22
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

If they redo the halftime show or even keep it as is they should fix the scores form other games...They always show the final score but say its only the 2nd quarter (ie. 42-17 2:43 2nd Qtr)...just my 2 cents
Old 06-22-2010, 09:23 AM   #23
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

They made a extra point to not have a halftime show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 06-22-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:33 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I saw this, but figured it was just that way until the are finished with the real show. I hope its that way. I am really dissappointed with Madden this year and this will only make things worse.

I wouldn't mind if they removed it if they made a jump like NCAA 11. Sure, they both added locomotion, but NCAA got authentic entrances, ESPN presentation, a good dynasty mode with a newly designed way to recruit. What did Madden add to their game this year outside locmotion? A new way to call plays. I have never heard anyone complain about play calling in Madden, so why would they make that the biggest feature is beyond me. Work on what people want. I know they said Madden 12 will be the year of franchise, but they said 11 would be too. Madden 12 better have the best franchise seen in a football game or I will stop buying Madden altogether until the next generation. Then I will wait and see if they will have a good game finally.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »