Home

Did ian have a shot?

This is a discussion on Did ian have a shot? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #65
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Did ian have a shot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
What's not to agree with? Why is ok to say that Madden will be epic, without having played? Do you want me to go through the posts that say this very thing? If you look at those threads, you will not see a single person that has a positive view of 11 make snide remarks about him not having played the game.

The double standard continues. It's OK to say Madden will be good without playing it, but you can't say it will be bad without playing it.
I wasn't pointing up to your post LT.

Ok, we posted about the same time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
What's not to agree with? Why is ok to say that Madden will be epic, without having played? Do you want me to go through the posts that say this very thing? If you look at those threads, you will not see a single person that has a positive view of 11 make snide remarks about him not having played the game.

The double standard continues. It's OK to say Madden will be good without playing it, but you can't say it will be bad without playing it.
Yeah, even though the last five games were sub-par.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:32 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 18

hey, i'm excited for the new madden. Maybe it's because i'm 38 and i remeber a game were the players were just sprites and not actual detail players. For someone like me that gets all geaked up for the upcoming nfl season, madden adds that extra something to the season. Now say what you want about Ea, but the game has made strides . Since Ian and co have come on there has been a steady diet of upgrades that actually meen something to football fans. I poped in madden 10 the other day it looks nothing like madden 11. The lighting and movements are night and day.

I love the people who come on here and say " maddens not getting my 60 dollars this year" ummmmm,....... well guess what, there getting a million other 60 dollars, because the majority like the game and accept it for what it is ........a video game.

for what it's worth ,the game play at E3 and in those vids ,shows madden on pro level. We all know from previous Maddens ,that every year , all the sliders and game modes have to be adjusted to get the game just right for individual personalities.

right now i play on All Madden and my cpu settings are set to 5. This gives a great game , and that stuff with Tebow(E3 videos) would never happen on those settings.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #68
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You can say that 10 was a train wreck, but it wasn't to me.

This is what it keeps coming back to imo. Those that enjoy Madden 10 see improvements in Madden 11 and are excited for the game. Those that didn't enjoy Madden 10 see very little upgrade in Madden 11.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #69
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketRocket
No it's not, check the Madden forum over at EA's website. It far worse than it is over here. Also, the reason that people claim that this game is going to be a train wreck, prior to it being released, is that the last six iterations were train wrecks.

No, it's not a lose-lose situation. If EA, and Tiburon, would improve Madden to the point that it is better, game-play wise, in every aspect than a couple of games( sorry, I can't recall their names) that came out three and six years ago, respectively, they'd shut everybody up.
How long did it take for those games that you can't recall to become a gold standard? 6 yrs, 9 yrs?

Madden has a lot of muck to go through to get it in that ballpark, but everyone feels everything should be done at the pace of a snap of a finger.

I don't know how long it will take.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:37 PM   #70
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Ian left the forums here? Why? I read that in the OP and I never knew anything about it. Does anybody know the story behind this? Also, I'm pretty confident that upper management aren't the only ones that are the problems with Madden. I do believe that Ian wants the simmest of sim football games and it's sad (but not really all his fault) that he hasn't been able to realize his vision yet.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 06-22-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:37 PM   #71
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

Why does the title of the thread read "Did ian have a shot?" Is ian leaving madden? If he's not leaving shouldn't it say "Does ian have a shot?"

Are you refering to having a shot on the forums?

-"Did" makes it sound like he's done making changes to the game if that's what you were refering to.

-I agree with the OP in that ian doesn't look excited about the game in any of the video's. He looks disaapointed. I thought that from the first video's that were posted.

I liked Madden 10 alot but see little reason to get madden 11. Don't think it will be a bad game but just not enough of an upgrade to pay $60, imho.

Last edited by tylerd02; 06-22-2010 at 05:38 PM. Reason: clarification
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #72
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I wasn't pointing up to your post LT.

Ok, we posted about the same time.

Lol. Sorry. Just going by the arrows.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »