Home

Madden NFL 11 Player Ratings: Top Players at Each Position (K0ACHK)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Player Ratings: Top Players at Each Position (K0ACHK) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2010, 09:25 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden NFL 11 Player Ratings: Top Players at Each Position (K0ACHK)

Yea, EA didn't give the Skins any love. McNabb becomes a Redskin an is instanly out of the top 10. Then they completely drop Hayneswroth 10+ points. Sure, his stats were not the best last year, but he had a big impact. The Redskins doubled their sack total from the year before thanks to Haynesworth. He go all the attention and made it easy for the rest of the line to get pressure. Also, Cooley is a lot better than they have him in my opinion. Sure he broke his ankle, but he is still one of the top TE's in the league. I think a 93 suits him.

Call me a homer, but I am just stating my opinion. I also think the Jets get too much credit. Asomugha is better than Revis in my eyes.

― Plato
Old 06-22-2010, 09:25 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
No Haynesworth? Under an 89...

MJD is a bit high. Same with Gore IMO.

Roethlisberger under an 89... Shaub is NOT a better QB than him.
I'm a Texan fan an I have no idea why schaub is rated so high in this game. He has done absolutely nothing at all since he's been here and his previous stint was a back up bso I don't now where they're getting the merit for such a high rating.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:28 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
If they give him a high play recognition and man coverage rating, then yes, if not, then no. I'm not going to start throwing stones until I see how the overall rating came about. But like someone said earlier, Jim wrecked havoc in certain blitz schemes because of Revis out there on his island, both in tackling and making plays on the ball in the intermediate passing game. If that leads to a higher awareness, play recognition, and tackle rating...then that's about right. And if those particular ratings weigh heavily for a safety...well you get the elevated overall rating.

I think overall ratings get blown out of proportion anyway, too much focus on that first number instead of the other numbers that actually have more of an impact on the gameplay.

I was just merely stating that it's nice to see a few of the Jets get ranked a little more appropriately (namely D-brick and Harris)

Thats the problem..the player's overall ability, needs to be the dominant factor as to how he effects the game.

We all know that Taylor Mays, for example, is going to be an absolute monster, when the book on him is that he is stiff, has poor range, and isnt a physical tackler.

In the hands of a good user controller..forget it..he is going to be the best defender on the field.

As far Leonhard goes...he's a scrapper. He's a good tackler, He's heady, good blitzer, and he's tough. I would give him ratings that reflect that..but I absolutely would not give him a overall that makes him one of the top half dozen players at his position, because thats not who he is.

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 06-22-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #36
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Thats the problem..the player's overall ability, needs to be the dominant factor as to how he effects the game.

We all know that Taylor Mays, for example, is going to be an absolute monster, when the book on him is that he is stiff, has poor range, and isnt a physical tackler.

In the hands of a good user controller..forget it..he is going to be the best defender on the field.
What do you consider overall ability tho? If you drop someone's awareness rating then it cuts into that overall number, but the player still has the same physical ability. That's the problem, because awareness is pretty much useless when the user is controlling someone and it weighs too heavily on a player's overall number.

You could create a runningback with a low ball carrying ability, agile, vision, break tackle ability, etc.
Give him decent speed and acceleration and a 99 awareness and that player will probably approach an 80 overall if not clear it.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #37
Rookie

Morning Thunder's Arena

OVR: 2
I wish there was more variety in speed and acceleration ala NCAA
Old 06-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 36

Sure I'm a Jets fan, but I don't think we were rated too highly.

All last year our offensive line was the #1 line in the NFL. Thomas Jones was the best back in the AFC because of it, and while Jones is good, a lot of the credit goes to Tony Richardson and our offensive line.

Our defense was also #1 in the NFL last year, a lot because of Darrelle Revis, who was absolutely dominant last year. But David Harris played very good at linebacker, and so did many others getting pass rush. Kris Jenkins was a dominant nose tackle last year, but was out for the season last year.

Our weaknesses made us 5-7 at one point. Sanchez was terrible then, but really improved in the playoffs. Still should be around a 79. Also, our other cornerbacks were pretty bad. Cromartie is a real step up from Sheppard imo.

EDIT: Kerry Rhodes is very overrated though, he was pretty bad last year, except for the end of the year. But then again you have to see specific ratings to complain. Overall, I don't see much ratings that jump out at me.

Last edited by RayAllen20; 06-22-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:11 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
What do you consider overall ability tho? If you drop someone's awareness rating then it cuts into that overall number, but the player still has the same physical ability. That's the problem, because awareness is pretty much useless when the user is controlling someone and it weighs too heavily on a player's overall number.

You could create a runningback with a low ball carrying ability, agile, vision, break tackle ability, etc.
Give him decent speed and acceleration and a 99 awareness and that player will probably approach an 80 overall if not clear it.

True. In general I always feel that sports game rate players too high all across the board.

I dont know what ratings skew the overall the most, but if I was going to create Leonhard I would give him low to mid 80's in awareness, and play recognition, since that is his biggest strength..he's strong for his size and is a good tackler so I would be generous with those ratins as well, and give him a decent block shedding rating to reflect his blitzing ability.

I'd make him average at best in terms of speed, man coverage, agility, and give him a decent zone coverage rating.

Now I have no idea what that combo would produce..it might very well proiduce an 85 for all I know..or it could produce a 75, but I think ratings need to focus on what specifically a player can do.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:12 AM   #40
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlovin
I'm a Texan fan an I have no idea why schaub is rated so high in this game. He has done absolutely nothing at all since he's been here and his previous stint was a back up bso I don't now where they're getting the merit for such a high rating.
Nothing?

2009: 396 of 583 for 4770; 29 tds 15 ints; qb rating of 98.6

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »