Home

The little things they leave out that just annoy you

This is a discussion on The little things they leave out that just annoy you within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2010, 11:24 PM   #25
zav
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The little things they leave out that just annoy you

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Mine is the player interaction away from the ball. Guys shoving, tripping over other players, bumping into each other, losing their balance from a late block and falling down just after the play, running back putting his hand on the blocker in front of him, players stumbling. It's hard to look at the player interaction in Madden after playing APF and believe the players are somewhat "alive". Those little things give the game a more human element and make it feel that much more organic instead of robotic like it does today.
this is big for me too i hate how guys just pop up and go to the line after every play can we get some high fives or WR going over to say something to the QB and maybe an occasional shove or push every now and then. Maybe even players picking up their own teammates after a play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 11:30 PM   #26
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Mine is the player interaction away from the ball. Guys shoving, tripping over other players, bumping into each other, losing their balance from a late block and falling down just after the play, running back putting his hand on the blocker in front of him, players stumbling. It's hard to look at the player interaction in Madden after playing APF and believe the players are somewhat "alive". Those little things give the game a more human element and make it feel that much more organic instead of robotic like it does today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
My big thing is the field and uniforms getting dirty and torn up in bad weather. Madden 09 looked good in tihs area, but they got super dirty right away. You could play a full 15min quarter game and with around 7min left in the 1st, everyone looked liked a full game had been playeed. Also ,they only had a few textures for durty uniforms, so you entire line would walk up with the same dirt pattern at times. Instead of drawing out the time it takes to get dirty and the field to get messed up and adding a lot more patterns of dirt, EA's answer was to take it out of the game?!? There are so many things I just don't understand about the thought process over there. I don't mean Ian or anyone else specifically, but over the years at EA.

IMO, EA has this thing where they come up with great ideas and fail to finish them off and/or abandon them. EA Back track looked like a great tool that could have been used to add a telestrator to the game and ad to a boradcast presentation. Instead, it was used to tell the user what they did wrong and now is taken out of the game!?! I could make a huge list of examples like these.
Agreed 100% Awesome posts. I especially questioned the dirty uniforms in NCAA 11, they seem almost non-existent. It would be sweet if guys got grass stains when they actually slid on/hit the grass instead of random stain textures just popping up, but at this point I'd take just that. Also, receivers that turn to see the ball and THEN jump, rather than the reverse.

Realistic penalties like: Defensive Holding, Illegal Touching outside of 5 yards, etc... and the animations to go along with them.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 06-23-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:36 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

A detail that I find rather large (I found it small at first) is the clock stopping. One game I caught a pass, ran out of bounds to get into FG range, in the fourth quarter to win the game. I was scrolling through to get to special teams, picked FG and the game clock ran out. Honestly now? That is just awful. How the hell is it you can run out of bounds and not have the clock be stopped LIKE IT IS SUPPOSED TO. I have seen this on more than one occasion too.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:47 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

Instant replays after big plays, like first big first downs, turnovers, and TD's. I hate when I score an awesome TD, and there's no replay.....ugh.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:53 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 49

custom stadium music system like 2k5
Old 06-24-2010, 01:38 AM   #30
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by zav
ive got a couple

1. Lip Guards. Gameday 1998 had these and madden cant put them in
2. No choosable dreadlocks. I dont even like dreads but when i make my player i should have more options for my hair than those few.
3. TATTOOS!!!

I dont know about you guys but i can deal with some of the major shortcomings of Madden that get fixed with time but its these little things that really get under my skin
Lol...this is funny.

How bout they fix the challenge system?

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 06-24-2010, 01:49 AM   #31
zav
Rookie

OVR: 2

The challange system was a lot better in Madden 10 it actually made the right call from time to time but in Madden 09 i could swear it was random
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 01:51 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by zav
The challange system was a lot better in Madden 10 it actually made the right call from time to time but in Madden 09 i could swear it was random
It's not just the result. It's what it allows you to challenge. In 2k5 and APF 2k8 you can challenge any play at any time and it will give you ALL of the possible challenges. Just like the real NFL. How this isn't in the NFL's exclusive game is beyond me...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »