Home

Accelerated clock in the final 2 minutes of the halves

This is a discussion on Accelerated clock in the final 2 minutes of the halves within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2010, 05:13 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Accelerated clock in the final 2 minutes of the halves

here's an excerpt from the NCAA no huddle blog:

Quote:
Another advantage of using the No Huddle is how it works with the game clock. In previous versions, it's actually been quicker to call a play from the huddle/playcall. That's definitely not the case anymore. Using No Huddle disables the accelerated gameplay clock which is an 8 to 10 second runoff during the huddle/play call in normal gameplay situations. I think you'll find this to be a very nice improvement when trying to put together a drive in late game situations and you're low on timeouts.
This is one thing that Madden did wrong , I hope it will follow suit and fix it, no acc clock in the final 2 minutes is not realistic for the reason quoted above.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 06:10 AM   #2
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Accelerated clock in the final 2 minutes of the halves

That is a nice touch. I have always found the no huddle useless when I can just pick a play from the huddle and have my players warp back to the line of scrimmage.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:06 AM   #3
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

It wouldn't surprise me if it isn't in. We asked for that last year and we didn't get it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's not in this year either. Maybe someone that went to E3 can verify if it's in or not.

EDIT: Just watched a couple of vids and it looks like the accel clock is NOT on in the final 2 mins of the half/game. I really don't understand what's going on with Madden this year.

Last edited by splff3000; 06-23-2010 at 07:31 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
It wouldn't surprise me if it isn't in. We asked for that last year and we didn't get it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's not in this year either. Maybe someone that went to E3 can verify if it's in or not.

EDIT: Just watched a couple of vids and it looks like the accel clock is NOT on in the final 2 mins of the half/game. I really don't understand what's going on with Madden this year.
You can't imagine how many times I've ask Ian personally last year, no way of being taken into consideration.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Something I have waved the white flag on... .

What's particularly disturbing is that a poll was conducted as a request from Ian and still nothing has changed. He mentioned dropping back into that thread and giving a response as to why EA chose that method but that never materialized. If EA is going to leave the accelerated clock off inside 2 mins, fine. But if we as a community were asked why the accelerated clock should be on, then I expected Ian or a rep from EA to explain why it should be off.

In the meantime, I normally just run a no huddle to keep myself honest. It's not the ideal scenario but it works in that it makes the game harder in the last 2 mins.

C'mon EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 08:45 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 8

The play clock actually ticks down 0:15 seconds... Unless the play is called late, which will tick the clock down to the 13 second mark. I am glad the Accel clock is ON for most of the game, but am not really all that concerned with whether it's on in the last 2 minutes of halfs.

Either way is cool with me.

Later
Old 06-23-2010, 09:14 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
The play clock actually ticks down 0:15 seconds...
First and third quarter only......
Old 06-23-2010, 09:56 AM   #8
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

was it just me, or did the players Drastically loose stamina when you ran the hurry up offense? I understand the concept of why they had stamina more of a factor when running a hurry-up-offense (compared to '09)...but it was a little ridiculously exaggerated for me. My running backs/WRs would miss like 3-4 plays when I got out of the no-huddle after running it for 2 or 3 plays lol..

(This is the reason why I kinda abandoned the no-huddle if I could)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »