Home

Madden 11 Player Ratings: Who’s Overrated And Who’s Undervalued (Sportsgrid)

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Player Ratings: Who’s Overrated And Who’s Undervalued (Sportsgrid) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #25
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 11 Player Ratings: Who’s Overrated And Who’s Undervalued (Sportsgrid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
Chris Johnson is overrated,
Now that's funny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 11 Player Ratings: Who’s Overrated And Who’s Undervalued (Sportsgrid)

I think Jamaal Charles is underated when he got his chance to start he played better than any running back in NFL.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:59 PM   #27
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Now that's funny.
Way to take that out of context.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

All I know is I'm going to have a great time picking people off with DRC.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 10

The last sentence is the truth but that feature would be too innovative and not marketable for EA
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior7807
the two you named along with sanchez are over rated. Jenkins missed what ten games? and Leonhard imo should be an 82, maybe 83. no way in hell does sanchez earn an 82 rating just because you made the Conf title game. You had the best D in the league, but that doesnt mean everybody needs that little ratings boost. i wish there was a way that madden could make the Defensive unit play better or worse together, maybe impliment a chemistry rating.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:44 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
Are you kidding?

1) He was trained by Jerry Rice, who said his route running was some of the most impressive he'd ever seen.

2) He didn't NEED 65 catches to have over a 1000/1100 yards.

3) You clearly don't watch Eagle games, or you'll know only one team has shut him down, the 2009 Cowboys. Stick to your ESPN highlights. Also, your accusation of Jackson not going over the middle or jumping for the catch is very, very wrong. Basically, he DOES do all that, but he doesn't NEED to. They have Jeremy Maclin and Jason Avant as well who are more the down and dirty WRs. However, many times I've seen DeSean go up and make a play when it wasn't there. How many times has Greg Jennings done something to make you say "WHOA! HOW'D HE DO THAT!?"...Not too many.

4) Sidney Rice came out of nowhere last year. Ocho is on the decline, a la TO. Miles Austin COULD be a one year wonder (doubt it, but I don't think he's a HOF-in-making either)...You could just as easily say all of those players are overrated as well (Well, we don't know what Austin is...but obviously not a 90+)

5) My final points. Jackson was the first player EVER to be named to the Pro Bowl at two positions. Not only that, out of every player you mentioned, he was the only one to be voted in as a starter, not an alternate. Fan vote is only 1/3, so obviously the NFL sees something in him that you don't. My last point is, the only reason you see him as one dimensional is because it works (nearly) every time. He has all the tools to succeed, hence his great stats in his short career (would have been better minus the concussion). Whether it be PR or WR, he makes it look so much easier than anyone other than Chris Johnson. It legitimately looks like everyone else is playing in slow motion.
Out of all the many wrong things in this post, I figured I'd just point this out. There's plenty of other people that have, but Ronnie Lott is the first that comes to my mind. Also, Joe Klecko was voted to the Pro Bowl at 3 different positions.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:52 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0
Those of You who think that desean Jackson is underrated are ignorant. You obviously know nothing about football and should stop talking because your making yourself look dumb. Desean may seem one dimensional to you because you saw his long touchdowns and you assume that's all he does. But your dumb and don't realize that he is a great route runner and did learn from the best, jerry rice. He explodes off the line of scrimmage using his speed, runs his route greatly, modifies his route to adjust to the defense and get open. And yes he does go across the middle. I.e. against the chiefs last season. He then blows by everyone for a score. He also deserves a high rating. When you are arguably the most explosive and dangerous player in NFL, tie the record for most 50+ yard TDs and play well at your position you should be rated an elite player. And whoever tried to say he wasnt the first to be voted to 2 positions as a starter is pretty close to ********. He was the first starter at 2 positions in the pro bowl and it was well documented during the game even. HE WAS VOTED AS A STARTER are the main words there. And who needs over 65 receptions when you only need a couple per game to make your team win. And no one can hate on him for fumbling the ball on the 1 yard line. That was one of his few turnovers and the eagles scored on the very next play. Desean Jackson scores touchdowns no matter what. If it means catching, returning punts, running the ball or anything else. He gets it done. Only educated responses are accepted. Thank you to davey225 for knowing what he is talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2010, 03:12 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by djack10jmac18
Those of You who think that desean Jackson is underrated are ignorant. You obviously know nothing about football and should stop talking because your making yourself look dumb. Desean may seem one dimensional to you because you saw his long touchdowns and you assume that's all he does. But your dumb and don't realize that he is a great route runner and did learn from the best, jerry rice. He explodes off the line of scrimmage using his speed, runs his route greatly, modifies his route to adjust to the defense and get open. And yes he does go across the middle. I.e. against the chiefs last season. He then blows by everyone for a score. He also deserves a high rating. When you are arguably the most explosive and dangerous player in NFL, tie the record for most 50+ yard TDs and play well at your position you should be rated an elite player. And whoever tried to say he wasnt the first to be voted to 2 positions as a starter is pretty close to ********. He was the first starter at 2 positions in the pro bowl and it was well documented during the game even. HE WAS VOTED AS A STARTER are the main words there. And who needs over 65 receptions when you only need a couple per game to make your team win. And no one can hate on him for fumbling the ball on the 1 yard line. That was one of his few turnovers and the eagles scored on the very next play. Desean Jackson scores touchdowns no matter what. If it means catching, returning punts, running the ball or anything else. He gets it done. Only educated responses are accepted. Thank you to davey225 for knowing what he is talking about.
I really have no opinion on the matter; I think the guy is tremendously talented and deserves a high rating (whether he needs to be THAT high is up for debate), but your post made me laugh.

I mean, you ask for only educated responses, but your post is full of nonsense. You call out people who think he is UNDERrated, which is the opposite of what you meant. Then you go on with the classic "if you don't agree with me you know nothing about football" approach. Awesome job with the name calling, grammar, cliches, and descriptive nature of the perfection that is Desean Jackson.

And for the record, it is completely fair to 'hate on' a guy who showboats before the play is over and throws the ball backwards before he scores. That was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen done in football, and the dumb thing is that he did the same thing in college when he backflipped before the goal line and dropped the ball in the field of play... how stupid do you have to be to make that mistake twice?

Way to be non-biased though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »