Home

So exactly what CAN we expect from franchise mode this year?

This is a discussion on So exactly what CAN we expect from franchise mode this year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: So exactly what CAN we expect from franchise mode this year?

We can expect a completely new designed franchise mode. No longer are you stuck in a menu, you now have a town! In this town you make decisions that will effect your franchise. Are you the owner who wants their brand name everywhere, or do you just care about your record. Do you like your fan base and want to reward them?

Oh wait, you just meant on the 360 and PS3 didn't you?

― Plato
Old 06-24-2010, 12:30 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 11

You would think that if they aren't adding anything, they would at least fix the franchise stats and maybe tweak some drafting/FA logic here and there.

You would think.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:35 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 12

I can't remember where I read it, but they said they worked on the stats, they created a whole bunch of new prospects (so hopefully no more Head Coach prospects that you know who's going to be good or not), and they tweaked the ratings from NCAA to NFL for importing purposes
Old 06-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 11

They need to fix the draft, with scouting prospects. We shouldn't see everyones potential right off the bat.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:10 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
If Im not mistaken, you can use gameflow to set up play styles for other teams. I know more than anything in franchise mode my biggest gripe was that cpu playcalling was so horrible. I would trounce certain teams becuase they would keep calling the same blitzes over and over again every third down without fail. Im hoping that using game flow I can set up meaningful challenges from the ai.

Other than that i guess i will be spending a lot more time with NCAA especially if there arent any other at least fixes to the franchise mode.
It will help with the CPU gameplan and play-calling, but that's really just a band-aid to cover up the flaws, if they exist this year, in the AI. Ideally, CPU controlled teams should call plays,by default, like they do in real-life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 01:50 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
You would think that if they aren't adding anything, they would at least fix the franchise stats and maybe tweak some drafting/FA logic here and there.

You would think.
Five or six ago I would have though that. Now, I expect the glitches to be there like they've always been. If they get rid the glitches from last year, some new glitches will surely show up to replace them.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead

You would think.
WE would think. THEY apparently do not.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:01 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketRocket
Five or six ago I would have though that. Now, I expect the glitches to be there like they've always been. If they get rid the glitches from last year, some new glitches will surely show up to replace them.
Try try and try again.

From one to another.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »