Home

Did You Play Offline Franchise At All Last Year?

This is a discussion on Did You Play Offline Franchise At All Last Year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Did you play offline franchise at all last year?
Yes 210 86.78%
No 32 13.22%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2010, 04:34 PM   #65
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Did You Play Offline Franchise At All Last Year?

This is something I said in another thread earlier today. It doesn't soften the blow for those who have been waiting 6 years for real franchise improvement but this is my opinion on why it's getting ignored in M11:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Not only that and I don't mean to let EA off the hook, how can you accurately re-design franchise mode with no CBA in place? No one has an idea what the NFL landscape will be when a new deal is locked in. Why spend so much time to get franchise up to HC09's standards if those rules and regulations will be obsolete in the next 1-2 years?

I imagine when they went to plan for M11 this time last year, franchise was one of the items on the table. When they started thinking about the potential changing climate of the NFL (18 game season, new rules, rookie contract caps, etc), they probably figured it was best to sort of wait this thing out before committing significant development time to franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 04:34 PM   #66
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4

I didnt play offline franchise I once did for achievements but had to stop I find it horrible and very tiresome and boring to play madden against the computer to boring and terribly easy....
Old 06-24-2010, 04:42 PM   #67
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

Offline franchise and online ranked games is all I play.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-24-2010, 04:45 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
This is something I said in another thread earlier today. It doesn't soften the blow for those who have been waiting 6 years for real franchise improvement but this is my opinion on why it's getting ignored in M11:
Yep your right blow not softened. If they designed it right they could change things easily to the new CBA once in place...seems like a weak excuse. Rgiles is this something you have specific information on or just a hypothesis? I really hope they didn't to decide to take it off the table because of probable CBA changes. If they did why would they tell us it was based on metrix of mode usage gather over the internet.

All in all I would have had a better time if they told us upfront..no changes to franchise because CBA is being changed. Not..no changes to franchise because your a small demographic and we choose to focus on other areas.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #69
Pro

OVR: 9

Offline franchise is the ONLY reason I play Madden. I don't touch online, and it's pretty rare that I get my buddies together to play since we live far away and have tough schedules to coordinate. When I play Madden it's usually a random spare hour to play a game of my franchise- which doesn't depend on someone else also being available to play.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #70
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
True. By that same token though, if you go online and play 1 game, you've played online. Hell, if you want to get technical, if you go online just to download rosters you've played online because you have to go into a game to get the rosters. These are the numbers that EA are looking at and reporting back to us. These are the numbers they are using to focus their attention to online instead of offline franchise.

If you have the urge to play a season and get your team to the Superbowl, you have just played franchise. Just because it's one season doesn't mean it's not franchise. For that one season, you still have the same trades available and you still have the same FA available as those that do multiple year franchises. If you want to only play one season though, that's your prerogative. If you go see a movie and leave half way through it, you still went and saw the movie. You didn't finish it, but you can't say you didn't go see it, because you did. Anyway, I understand what you were saying. IMO if you play one game in franchise, you've played franchise. Just like that movie, you can't say that you didn't do it just because you didn't finish. Having said that though, you are entitled to your opinion. Yours just differs from mine.

It's not about my opinion. I'm not saying that franchise players are a big or small demographic, and like I said before, I really don't care. The reason why I brought up my point is that, from seeing you post frequently, I know that you are a franchise person. and by franchise person, i mean that you really delve into franchise. So when you make this poll, I think that you made it with the intent to show that EA is making a mistake by not improving franchise with all of the things that a franchise person wants, like salary caps, trade logic, full rosters, etc... Which maybe they are.

All I'm saying is that, even if the poll is 1000 to 1 that people are franchise players, that a few, some, most, I don't know the number, but that some number of those people that said yes to playing franchise, may be those that just played a season, or not even one season, and aren't really "franchise players".

Now this has nothing to do with whether they have played franchise or not. Like you said, if you play one online game, or half of one or what ever, EA considers you an online player. I get that, and I agree. But I'm not talking about that from that aspect. What I'm saying is that, yes, those people that played franchise, even for one game or half a game of the season, should go into the franchise player category, just like those people that played one game online, but those people that played one season, or one game of a season, may not necessarily care about franchise improvements, like salary caps, and trade logic, and full rosters, etc, like a true hardcore franchise player would.

What am I getting at with all this? Again, not trying to discount the findings of the poll. Just saying that numbers can't be looked at in a vacuum. Stats have to be interpreted. Why? Because they are never black and white.

Does that mean that I am against franchise upgrades? No. Does that mean that I am on crusade to show how insignificant franchise players are lol? No. I've seen this debate going on on many threads and I have stayed out of it, because... wait for it... I don't care lol. I'm just giving you, and anyone else that views the results, food for thought. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Last edited by Only1LT; 06-24-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
See, this is what I'm talking about. Just about everyone that gets Madden at least tries franchise. Since Madden has been less than desirable on next gen, people check it out, play a game or 2 then never go back. If franchise was back to what it was on PS2, we wouldn't even be having this argument.
If it wasnt so booring... Mlb the show makes you want to play season mode.
Nba live dynasty 05' made you wanna play
Nba 2k10 makes you wana play association

To me Madden is not all that fun in franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 04:59 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
There sales are through the roof because they are the only NFL game in town and the sales have been declining every year since the arrival of next gen so the marketing dept must not know everything, right?
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...ml?sid=6217163

The market department MUST be the best in there is? Right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »