Home

Madden is Complete

This is a discussion on Madden is Complete within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2010, 12:48 AM   #73
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Madden is Complete

Hmm, it almost makes sense that EA touts locomotion as the big feature for NCAA/Madden and punches out early for the extra time for the games in the 12 cycle. Still locomotion is going to be a big and much needed game changer. If it ushers in RTP for next year then I am all for it. Hopefully RTP will make its way to NCAA next year as well and not just Madden. RTP really wouldn't even make sense if the game didn't have decent locomotion, ie NCAA last year where players had virtually zero weight. If this is the case if proves to me more that on this generation of consoles it just takes 2 years to makes a decent product. The biggest bummer to me is that franchise mode got virtually no love. I thought Madden would have a killer Franchise mode by now after HC 09. Maybe the rumors about early release are true. No reason to leave a game sitting in stock rooms an extra 2 weeks if it is complete.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 06-26-2010, 01:30 AM   #74
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden is Complete Garbage

Juse hoping for an improved franchise. ANY improvements.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #75
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
Critical analysis: is the process of dividing into sub-parts and analysing another's claims to consider: what concepts (ideas) they are based on (true or false or uncertain); how far they agree with the available evidence; and how logical the structure of the argument used to present them is

It is very reasonable to analyze Madden 11 based on the current information we have and to compare that with past next-gen Maddens, even before playing it, IMO.

I love the Washington Redskins and I do a critical analysis of them every year before the season starts, like most fans do with their teams. I havent seen them play one down yet but I dont expect us to be in the SuperBowl this year. I come to that conclusion based on the new coach, new system etc and comparing how some of our veterans have played over the years with what I expect to see out of them this year. I dont see how doing that with Madden 11 is illegitimate.

I hope Madden 11 comes out and is a more improved NFL football game then what I've seen so far, just like I hope the Redskins win the SuperBowl this year. However, a critical analysis of the available data would suggest, both are unlikely, IMO.
That comment was not analysis. It was a tongue-in-cheek, cheeky, snarky, whatever you want to call it.
Quote:
"Madden 11 is Madden 10 with updated rosters."
That comment is about the same as me saying, "The 2010 Washington Redskins are the 2009 Redskins with Donovan McNabb." You wouldn't be okay with that, now would you?

THAT is not critical analysis. Neither is predicting where the Redskins will be at the end of the season.

You're mistaking true analysis of the game, with this silly comment I replied to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
This is exactly what EA banks on. Giving belief that slapping a new number on the box, updating the rosters, adding or tweaking code and features will make consumers believe it's a "new" game. This game isn't new, we have been playing it for years.
I expect an improved game. Not a new game.

Last edited by Tengo Juego; 06-26-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #76
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

isn't Madden normally done by this time? I don't follow Madden that closely so I wouldn't remember past years.

to compare, NCAA 11 was "complete" on June 1st. 6 or so weeks before release. the NCAA 11 demo was from a build from April 1st.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #77
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
That comment was not analysis. It was a tongue-in-cheek, cheeky, snarky, whatever you want to call it. That comment is about the same as me saying, "The 2010 Washington Redskins are the 2009 Redskins with Donovan McNabb." You wouldn't be okay with that, now would you?

THAT is not critical analysis. Neither is predicting where the Redskins will be at the end of the season.

You're mistaking true analysis of the game, with this silly comment I replied to....
I wasn't talking about that comment in my post, I was referring to this;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Critical analysis of something you've yet to touch? How can you even begin to legitimately analyze something you've yet to play?
No biggie though, thanks for the clarification.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #78
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Bump
Old 07-01-2010, 09:41 PM   #79
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

...This thread has me scratching my head. Phrases are getting thrown around like "Madden isn't a football game...it doesn't have pregame, halftime or postgame wrap-ups" and "EA has held us captive. STOCKHOLM SYNDROME!"...

First, Tecmo Bowl didn't have pre, half and post game wrapups...did it make it any less of a football game? As long as a game has a somewhat realistic facsimile of the sport ON THE FIELD, it's a football game....with that said, Madden doesn't really do a good job of most of the aspects of football...but it's still a football game. It's not soccer for christs sake...

Second, how are we "held captive?" Are there not OTHER football games available, especially this year that has very good customization options to create NFL teams and rosters? Hmm...seems to me that it's just people buying Madden because it's what they're used to...not because they have to buy it. I certainly hope Peter Moore isn't holding anyone's family hostage, making them buy Madden 11...And regarding stockholm syndrome, you know that is when you identify and develop feelings of being "on the same side" with your kidnapper, right? Because when I look at this forum, with a few exceptions, that is the exact OPPOSITE of what I see. Most people would rather have EA Tiburon put into the stocks and displayed in the city courtyard for all to spit on, throw veggies at, humiliate etc than to praise them for ANY improvement they actually have done. If anything, I'd liken Madden fans to Alzheimer's patients.

Is Madden where it should be? Gods, no. Is it a reasonable facsimile of the sport we love? Up for debate. Is EA Tiburon a bunch of heartless, evil people intent on amassing the world's largest fortune on the gullibility of Madden's patrons? If they are, they're doing a good job. If you don't like Madden, don't buy it. Buy Backbreaker and use the customization to make the NFL...it has the physics you guys are falling over yourselves for.

Let's stop it with the "Madden is holding us over a barrel! If we don't buy Madden, what else can we play to get our football fix?!" There ARE other options...

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart

Last edited by Maelstrom-XIII; 07-01-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #80
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
...This thread has me scratching my head. Phrases are getting thrown around like "Madden isn't a football game...it doesn't have pregame, halftime or postgame wrap-ups" and "EA has held us captive. STOCKHOLM SYNDROME!"...

First, Tecmo Bowl didn't have pre, half and post game wrapups...did it make it any less of a football game? As long as a game has a somewhat realistic facsimile of the sport ON THE FIELD, it's a football game....with that said, Madden doesn't really do a good job of most of the aspects of football...but it's still a football game. It's not soccer for christs sake...

Second, how are we "held captive?" Are there not OTHER football games available, especially this year that has very good customization options to create NFL teams and rosters? Hmm...seems to me that it's just people buying Madden because it's what they're used to...not because they have to buy it. I certainly hope Peter Moore isn't holding anyone's family hostage, making them buy Madden 11...And regarding stockholm syndrome, you know that is when you identify and develop feelings of being "on the same side" with your kidnapper, right? Because when I look at this forum, with a few exceptions, that is the exact OPPOSITE of what I see. Most people would rather have EA Tiburon put into the stocks and displayed in the city courtyard for all to spit on, throw veggies at, humiliate etc than to praise them for ANY improvement they actually have done. If anything, I'd liken Madden fans to Alzheimer's patients.

Is Madden where it should be? Gods, no. Is it a reasonable facsimile of the sport we love? Up for debate. Is EA Tiburon a bunch of heartless, evil people intent on amassing the world's largest fortune on the gullibility of Madden's patrons? If they are, they're doing a good job. If you don't like Madden, don't buy it. Buy Backbreaker and use the customization to make the NFL...it has the physics you guys are falling over yourselves for.

Let's stop it with the "Madden is holding us over a barrel! If we don't buy Madden, what else can we play to get our football fix?!" There ARE other options...
I was already to give some long response about this post taking things too literally. Instead, I decided to just quote someone I am sure you respect, that pretty much sums this up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
No biggie. This here internet is difficult sometimes in discerning intent, tone and such...no harm no foul. I agree though...too many folks are doing their best EA imitation: "Maybe next year."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »