Home

Madden is Complete

This is a discussion on Madden is Complete within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2010, 03:16 AM   #9
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Madden is Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31_OS
This is a tough question. I honestly don't think they sacrificed it. I think it was a matter of delegating resources. They have probably been balls to the wall with Madden 12 for a while to get the RTP in and in correctly. This is just my opinion though.
I've been saying the same thing since NHL announced it. Madden was ok to a lot of people last year so its taking the fall while the NCAA team makes their big jump this year. Madden team works on the RTP and they both end up with it by next year along with an improved franchise mode from Madden. That's just what I think though.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:16 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

To further debunk the assumption that Madden is development was crippled because of the future addition of a physics engine, I'll point out that Last year both NBA Live and NHL improved substantially last year. I find it very offensive that people are trying to hand out Excuses to one of biggest and richest developers on why they can't improve a game that they make millions off of each year.

The way I look at it, we are 6 now 7 years in on next gen development. If you remember the PS2/Xbox around that time-line in development, next years madden was mostly just a roster update. I hope that's not the case this gen.

Last edited by maddenps2; 06-25-2010 at 03:20 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:24 AM   #11
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

think how much fun this board will get to have in a couple years. new systems will be released, and the franchise will have to build itself up from the ground up once again. 5 years into this gen, and madden is just now getting to be decent. if we're lucky, they'll make one good/great game to tide people over for the next 5 year wait for a decent next-gen madden.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 04:30 AM   #12
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I guess I'll say this...if Tiburon doesn't get caught up to these other games by adding a physic engine for next year...somethings really messed up.

With the physic engines being added by these other games this year, Madden has fallen even further behind. Apparently adding a physic engine to the NHL game is going to take three years to fully implement. So hopefully Tiburon will be on the ball next year.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:28 AM   #13
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31_OS
Take it easy dude. No one is making excuses. I simply made an observation as to why Madden 11 may not be improving at the rate it should be this year.
It is an excuse though. One that's very similar to what I heard last gen when Madden wasn't improving at the rate many of us felt it should:

"They're gearing up/working on the next gen version of Madden"

Different generation, same excuse.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 06-25-2010, 08:40 AM   #14

OVR: 34

Wait a second, I thought Madden 12 was year of the franchise?!? How are they going to implement a new physics engine and also put together a quality franchise mode?
Old 06-25-2010, 08:40 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 11

Good Gawd, how is Pantherbeast gonna' have any input anymore if he can't say "just wait, I'm sure Ian and his crew are fixing this, that are the other.."

Joking, by the way.....are am I???lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 08:50 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 29

I have said this so many times it hurts...

EA knows that 2K will most likely start competing with them in football games next year, and when that happens, they will want to bring out all the big guns (so to speak).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »