Home

Madden is Complete

This is a discussion on Madden is Complete within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2010, 11:15 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Madden is Complete

So, you are telling me that they just spent 2 years putting in Locomotion, just to scrap it and put in physics? Right..I honestly hope they will because with Locomotion or any other gimmick they make up this gen Madden is terrbile, BUT and this is a big BUT (Sir Mix Alot looks over) when they do implement RTP it'll take them forever to get it right. And I just don't see them scrapping this stuff for it yet. Hope so, but doubt it.

Also, M12 is the year of the franchise..you think they can redo franchise AND put in physics?!? If so then we know for a fact that EA has been sitting on their hands the last 6 years.

Last edited by Testarossa28; 06-25-2010 at 11:16 AM. Reason: edit
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 11:38 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 25

IMHO....M11 is simply a yearly replacement til M12...Aside from gameflow and locomotion, which i find barely noticable in M11 where i see it more in NCAA11...weird.....I dont think there was really much for them to do or add....Which raises the question..."were any issues from 11 addressed"...Judging by the wide open flats and goofy OL actions...I would say maybe not.

Who knows...The DEMO is really gonna show if anything was actually fixed or addressed.

M11 does give the impression as just a roster update overall (even more so than past years)....But maybe that could change in the next month....
Old 06-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testarossa28
So, you are telling me that they just spent 2 years putting in Locomotion, just to scrap it and put in physics? Right..I honestly hope they will because with Locomotion or any other gimmick they make up this gen Madden is terrbile, BUT and this is a big BUT (Sir Mix Alot looks over) when they do implement RTP it'll take them forever to get it right. And I just don't see them scrapping this stuff for it yet. Hope so, but doubt it.

Also, M12 is the year of the franchise..you think they can redo franchise AND put in physics?!? If so then we know for a fact that EA has been sitting on their hands the last 6 years.
They spent all last year putting in pro tak and pimping it to no end and scrapped that, so I wouldnt be shocked.

Not saying that is the case, but EA has a record gimmicks that only last a year or two.

I honestly think Madden HAS to scrap the current gameplay engine soon. The current generation of consoles are set to last alot longer the previous gen, so it may be awhile before new consoles come out, to where they could start over.

The current Madden engine isnt going to last 4-5 more years. Its already extremely limited on what it can do....if they keep trying to drag it out, its going to lose any luster is still has.

Hopefully, EA loses the exclusive license though. In that case, EA can do whatever they want, and hopefully 2K and a few other developers get into the mix.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:06 PM   #28

OVR: 34

I'm sure we'll hear "real time physics" talk for Madden 12, but seriously, how much of an endeavor will that be? They have already stated that a good portion of energy will be put towards franchise in M12. So, they are going to have time to do both? Then why not do that this year?

I'm having a hard time holding off on Madden 11 because I like to play online and I think I'd enjoy team play; however, it really bothers me that some are already believing a rumor that M11's design philosophy was, "Let's get this one out of the gate with not many changes and focus on M12."

If that's the case, we should be wrist slapped for buying M11.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #29
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkatonic
They spent all last year putting in pro tak and pimping it to no end and scrapped that, so I wouldnt be shocked.

Not saying that is the case, but EA has a record gimmicks that only last a year or two.

I honestly think Madden HAS to scrap the current gameplay engine soon. The current generation of consoles are set to last alot longer the previous gen, so it may be awhile before new consoles come out, to where they could start over.

The current Madden engine isnt going to last 4-5 more years. Its already extremely limited on what it can do....if they keep trying to drag it out, its going to lose any luster is still has.

Hopefully, EA loses the exclusive license though. In that case, EA can do whatever they want, and hopefully 2K and a few other developers get into the mix.
It's false statements like this that sometimes causes people to dismiss reasonable criticism.

Anyway, some of you guys seem like you have constant "delusions of grandeur" when it comes to next-gen Madden. When ever EA gives gamers it's corporate butt to kiss with a lackluster Madden, some people ALWAYS turn that into a good thing for the game. Like I have said before, this is a sick, twisted and abusive consumer relationship some of you guys have with EA concerning next-gen Madden, IMO. EA keeps promising you it will change the way it treats Madden "next year" but every year, it's more of the same. Then EA says it can't just change overnight and 6 years later, you guys are still eating it up.

EAs' Peter Moore comments have been posted, Madden devs tweets, Madden devs' OS posts, Madden devs blogs and even a poster claiming he has heard stuff directly from EA employees. That means squat by itself, but add to that numerous youtube videos of Madden devs saying some of the same things, every year, for 6 years and the most damning evidence of all, yearly next-gen Madden, yet some guys still believe in "next year"! LOL

This is an attempted intervention and wake up call to some guys. To all mentally abused next-gen Madden consumers, NFL 2k5 fans and NFL football fans suffering from "stockholm syndrome" after being "held captive" by EAs' exclusive NFL license for 6 years. EA is NOT, I repeat, NOT, focused on or concerned with making next-gen Madden a better NFL football game. EAs' ONLY concern is to maximize profit and the best way to do that, according to EA Sports President Peter Moore and confirmed by EAs yearly next-gen Madden product, is to find ways to take "further advantage of the consumer". You guys are thinking like NFL football game consumers, not like NFL football game execs. Step outside your consumer box and try to think like these guys. Think about all that has been said by EA about Madden vs all that has been actually done. I know this is probably tough for some to listen to and deal with but REALITY IS A B***H SOMETIMES! LOL

Now, like Madden 11, Im DONE!

Last edited by tlc12576; 06-25-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

So what you're saying is EA is Ike Turner and we're a bunch of Tina Turners?
Old 06-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #31
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
So what you're saying is EA is Ike Turner and we're a bunch of Tina Turners?
LOL! Right on Anna Mae! LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #32
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
Now, like Madden 11, Im DONE!
In saying all that (didn't want to quote the whole thing), what is your solution?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »