Home

Old 06-26-2010, 12:58 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Ratings

look at jabari greer. his completion percentage when thrown at was second only to revis and he prblly wont be top 20 cb on madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 01:16 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 41

I can't believe someone is complaining that the CB for his team rated 98 is not a 99 LMFAO!

Seriously this should not even be concerning at all. If Woodson was rated 70-90 than maybe but 1 point off Madden perfection of 99 and your upset lol.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 06-26-2010, 01:19 AM   #27
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
EA has explained it before. INJ is for preventing injury. TGH is how fast the player recovers from injuries.

Favre should just get a 99 in both, even though he gets banged up he obviously hasn't missed a game.
If this is how it works then Favres INJ should be low not 99, he get's hurt ALOT! LOL! A gamer should just be able to play him anyway, like real life, IMO.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:27 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimixiii
*palm face* Good Lord...I wish Madden would just go ahead & get rid of overalls since people are too lazy to actually analyze the general ratings
I wish ALL sports games dumped OVR ratings. Not to mention, at least in Madden, updates often say "+1 OVR" or "-2 OVR" when player ratings are changed, telling you NOTHING of how their actual skill ratings changed.

OVR need to die in all sports games. They are all subjective and bound to how the designer thinks the ratings should combine in a one-size-fits-all-but-not-really way.

At the minimum, users should be able to create their own formulas for calculating OVR.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
I can't believe someone is complaining that the CB for his team rated 98 is not a 99 LMFAO!

Seriously this should not even be concerning at all. If Woodson was rated 70-90 than maybe but 1 point off Madden perfection of 99 and your upset lol.
First off im not complaining just trying to figure out how EA sets there rosters.

Second he was rated 97 with two guys ranked ahead of him.

I do my own roster updates every week for the whole league throughout the season to try to keep the game as authenitc as possible. I do an evaluation every four weeks by checking league leader stats along with boosting units for teams who are in the top five in categories such as passing, rushing and special teams on both sides of the ball. What is sad is how people like yourself like to take shots at people for using a forumn the way it was designed to be used. My suggestion is to keep your mouth shut before you get your little bottom spanked in front of all these nice people.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:10 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
If this is how it works then Favres INJ should be low not 99, he get's hurt ALOT! LOL! A gamer should just be able to play him anyway, like real life, IMO.
Toughness should impact the loss of ability if the player does play him.

A guy that is known for being effective through pain should get a high Toughness, so the player could play Favre anyway and not suffer too much of a drop off, unless it was a severe injury.

But if it's a "week-to-week" or "Questionable" kind of injury, maybe just a noticeable, but not killer drop for a high toughness player, while low toughness - and the guy might as well be Out.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 8

Honestly, I don't really worry about who is rated what because the ratings, other than speed, don't carry that much weight.

There's always updates, but if the ratings aren't programmed correctly so they actually have some significance, it really doesn't matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »