Home

REAL TIME PHYSICS?

This is a discussion on REAL TIME PHYSICS? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2010, 06:22 PM   #25
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: REAL TIME PHYSICS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrinity
I fail to see the humor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 12:13 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick32
Go pick up Back Breaker Football or look it up, and u will see what real time physics can do
I played Back Breaker and I don't think EA's Real Time Physics will be that good, let be realistic here, those physics are on another level.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:04 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_larry
I played Back Breaker and I don't think EA's Real Time Physics will be that good, let be realistic here, those physics are on another level.
I don't think so either, there is much more to BackBreaker than just the physics...lots of realistic player interaction, the players are pretty self aware....

that still being said, Madden with any form of Real Time Physics would still be a welcomed start....and the sooner the better...so that if there are problems, they can improve them as soon as possible....
Old 06-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 8

Im not completely sure that a real time physics engine combined with the new locomotion system is going to help all too much. It'd be another great building block. What i noticed a main issue is with madden, and all ea sports games for that matter, is this idea of players having total control over a players movement. I understand exactly what they are trying to do, but in a sport like football, where commitment to a given situation is crucial, its hard to get anything realistic to happen. For example, the dreaded ball swat/mid air tackle or the warp interception. That only happens because a db doesnt have to COMMIT to defending the pass and knows that if he misses, there may be a huge gain. And a player can break the run cycle by pushing Y/Triangle, and if thy player is close enough, the warp happens.But because of the philosophy of breaking out of any animation at anytime, we get the swat/tackle of warp int. Its a very tough line for EA to walk..total control of a player or realistic situations without control?

Xbox Live - SaveUs D2J
Old 10-27-2010, 10:58 PM   #29
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

I would say that a physics engine that alters ALL aspects of the game would serve Madden greatly.

We seem to only think of RTP having an effect on collisions, when it could have an impact on multiple things, like catching, passing, etc. It could also have an effect on the ball itself, as a more dynamic physics engine would affect anything with a 3D presence...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »