Home

Madden 10 online franchise SUCKS!!!

This is a discussion on Madden 10 online franchise SUCKS!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #9
Nev
Rookie

Nev's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 10 online franchise SUCKS!!!

I disagree. I think its awesome. lol

There is definitely a lack of features but if you can find a good, well run league then its tons of fun.

You get the sim style play whilst playing human opponents. Its the type of games you can't get from playing online ranked.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #10
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

It's not sim style play if you can dump half your team just to upgrade to players 2 OVR better at every position with no consequences. You then have good young teams with almost 0 turnover year after year except for their first 1 or maybe 2 draft picks (and you can see all of their stats during the draft, so there goes the fun there)

Good young teams are never squeezed by the cap as their good players age.

Again, year old news, but it's far from awesome or sim as a franchise option and despite the heads up about franchise getting no love, I expect improvements or like another poster said, I'm not sure why they bother.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #11
Nev
Rookie

Nev's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
It's not sim style play if you can dump half your team just to upgrade to players 2 OVR better at every position with no consequences. You then have good young teams with almost 0 turnover year after year except for their first 1 or maybe 2 draft picks (and you can see all of their stats during the draft, so there goes the fun there)

Good young teams are never squeezed by the cap as their good players age.

Again, year old news, but it's far from awesome or sim as a franchise option and despite the heads up about franchise getting no love, I expect improvements or like another poster said, I'm not sure why they bother.
I meant actually playing the game. In online franchises you get proper sim type games with no nanos, rocket catches and cheesing in general. I don't care how good offline is, playing the CPU will never compete with playing a human.

Like I said, find a good league, get to know the lads and you will have a blast playing each other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 7

I'm actually quite happy with a bare bones OF as the first attempt. Building rules, free agency, and salary cap among the group really helped forge camraderie that will carry through into another good league even though the features aren't there yet.

Having a simulation style cap won't hold leagues together better than what's in place. Just because teams can retain young talent doesn't make them better than a team that has really built to the particular strengths of the owner.

The only thing I would really like to see NOW is randomized draft classes. It is a let down always knowing exactly what to expect there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »