Home

Madden 11: Changing teams in franchise mode

This is a discussion on Madden 11: Changing teams in franchise mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2010, 01:21 AM   #1
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3
Madden 11: Changing teams in franchise mode

Is it back in this year?

The inability to switch teams in the past few Madden games has been frustrating. I know they didn't really add much to franchise mode this year, but this seems like it would be a VERY simple addition. The power to switch user/CPU team control at any point during the season/offseason should not take much time or effort from the developers, am I right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2010, 01:24 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 11: Changing teams in franchise mode

Agreed..
Old 06-28-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
Rookie

Shawnj86's Arena

OVR: 16

I doubt it
Old 06-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 39

This should be added.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

I started a thread about this a few months back, and really hope it's in. I like to play as the Packers, but after 2-3 seasons my team is so unstoppable that it becomes stale. The ability to take over a really terrible team during my franchise would be a total longevity bonus with this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
I started a thread about this a few months back, and really hope it's in. I like to play as the Packers, but after 2-3 seasons my team is so unstoppable that it becomes stale. The ability to take over a really terrible team during my franchise would be a total longevity bonus with this game.
The problem isn't just you can't take over another team, it's that you can so easily build a team that's "unstoppable".

It's almost like franchise mode is designed for 11 year olds, it's so easy. Our cat could draft five A-potential players whilst at the same time trading for P Manning and Peterson

I shouldn't have to create my own rules to make the game harder (no trading, only scout 10 players...).

Thankgod we have 3-on-3 online play though, I can't wait to use that twice and never touch it again.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:44 PM   #7
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX
Is it back in this year?

The inability to switch teams in the past few Madden games has been frustrating. I know they didn't really add much to franchise mode this year, but this seems like it would be a VERY simple addition. The power to switch user/CPU team control at any point during the season/offseason should not take much time or effort from the developers, am I right?
At this point this is the only question I would truly love an answer to, once my current team reaches dynasty status I miss the option to be able to change teams without having to control all 32 teams?
Old 06-28-2010, 01:02 PM   #8
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
Quote:
From Jeremy Strauser's twitter.

@Jmiles562000 Changing teams during a franchise is realistic? Platform specific info coming soon, E3 is mid June.

Could this mean we can get fired or simply change teams if we want? If so, this is great news cause after season 3 or 4 I get tired of always playing as my Packers since I've built them into a complete powerhouse and would love to take over one of the worst teams in the league and build it back up. Maybe get the opportunity to play against the team I spent all that time creating! Would be so much fun.
http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...franchise.html

^^ There you go.Wonder why Jeremy hasnt said anything else about this?
Its almost the end of June.Wheres the info?Or was he talking about the Wii?THis is why I have been playing other sports games.I hate starting over and over and over.Id rather keep in the same Franchise.This is why its so hard to choose a team for a Franchise Mode.If we had this we could choose a team and know that 5-10 years in we could take over a slopped team.Not that many slopped teams in the league without a future QB.

Thank God NCAA 11's Dynasty mode will have a difficulty setting this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »