Home

pat willis question

This is a discussion on pat willis question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #25
Rookie

cletusdog's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: pat willis question

Combine 40 times (for what it's worth)
Lawson 4.43
Thomas Howard 4.44
Willis 4.49
Thomas Davis 4.54

other than just watching game speed, this is about all you can use, because these pro day or other "reported times" can be pretty sketchy due to a number of factors.

...and a Baba Booey to y'all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #26
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3

Patrick Willis is the fastest true linebacker in football. Ask any player or coach, and they will tell you the same. There have been occasions where he has run down a wide receiver from behind.

As for Manny Lawson, he is not as fast as Willis. He's not even the 2nd fastest linebacker on his own team, as I believe that title belongs to Navorro Bowman.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #27
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusdog
other than just watching game speed, this is about all you can use, because these pro day or other "reported times" can be pretty sketchy due to a number of factors.
+1

40 times are a joke; everyone knows that.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:46 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 41

Before you come on here mad because Vincent Jackson should have a higher speed rating you should do your homework.

Vincent Jackson ran a 4.46 40 yard dash that is no where close to the fastest WR's in the NFL!

Calvin Johnson ran a 4.2 40 with somebody else's shoes lol.

Patrick Willis is one of the fastest LB's in the game of football. The reason he has so many tackles is because his speed allows him to go sideline to sideline. Manny Lawson has great speed also.

If the fastest a player runs in the 40 yard dash is a 4.2 than the high rating should be 99 so Willis being at his Pro Day a 4.37 should get a 90 speed rating and maybe even higher ')

Do some research before you post what you "Think" it should be ok

Take a look at the 2:10 mark of the video above and watch how the Cards WR had the sideline racing away from defenders yet Patrick Willis closes on him very fast and makes the tackle lol. If you can see a 90 speed just from that than your hig especially when the CB's of the 49ers couldn't catch the WR lol.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!

Last edited by NFLHITMAN; 06-28-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:13 PM   #29
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Just my .02: Vincent Jackson is more of a deep threat due to his SIZE, not speed.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:22 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 0

that 4.37 willis ran was not official ive read that v.jackson ran an unofficial 4.41 the times be off so dont believe willis is one of the fastest players in the league willis official combine time was around 4.49 which seems about right to me. meaning his speed should be high 80s at best cause if he has a 90 speed m.lawson shud be a 92-95
Old 06-28-2010, 11:00 PM   #31
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Combine 40s are the ones generally acccepted because everyone is running under the same controlled conditions. But don't discount Willis's Pro Day 40. Just because it was done at Pro Day doesn't mean that's it's unofficial. If that's the case then you've got to throw out Reggie Bush's 4.33 40 or Michael Vick's 4.25 40, neither of which ran at the combine, but their speed was undeniable as is Patrick Willis, because of what you see on film. Bush and Vick were the fastest players on any college field they stepped on. Patrick Willis at Ole Miss had unnatural speed for a linebacker, just look at the way McFadden wasn't able to turn the corner on him.

These are NFL scouts running these times, not university officials. The times often come under dispute, but there's always a consensus on whether or not a player has true speed. And when you run the eyeball test, Patrick Willis flashes on film. Just look at him run down Sean Morey on that video from behind... Sean Morey who's been clocked at 4.47 in the 40. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3JTX...eature=related

I'm not in love with the way speed is applied in Madden, but in the context of the way things are set up now, I can buy 90 speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2010, 11:37 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

IDK about Lawson, but Willis is in my mind definitely the fastest linebacker in the NFL. He has the speed of a corner. Makes him so dangerous.

edit: And as a Panther *****, you have to be crazy to think Thomas Davis has not done anything in the NFL. The guy is a beast. I'm a Falcon fan and I hate going up against him.

Last edited by angels eclipse7; 06-28-2010 at 11:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »