Home

Madden NFL 11 Full Player Ratings: Miami Dolphins and New York Jets

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Full Player Ratings: Miami Dolphins and New York Jets within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2010, 11:31 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 11 Full Player Ratings: Miami Dolphins and New York Jets

Who gives a crap if Sanchez was a rookie? If he is going to struggle like a rookie, should he not be rated like a guy who is going to struggle? You basically say "he was a rookie" like he is going to be good although he is not there yet. That is why he should have high potential, but until he starts playing like a starter, he should not be rated like one. I'd rate him a 71 (although I think everyone should be lower than what they are so take that with a grain of salt. I rate Matt Ryan 79.) Oh, and that whole "there hasn't been a quarterback with this kind of potential crap is stupid. Flacco and Ryan who were drafted just one year before both had much more promising rookie years.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:32 PM   #74
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc1130
Let's just all agree that Matt Cassel is the worst starting QB in the league.
I would say as of right now, Josh Freeman is the worst starter in the league, although he has huge upside.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:41 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
I see everyone else noticed Henne 79 vs Sanchez 82. I was like WTF????????
Do they watch the Nfl??? Gholston at 75 doesn't make sense. What's he done to get that rating. Ratings really need to be scaled back.
I agree on the Gholston deal.

Something tells me he was one of the players used to bump up the Jets' overall rating to get it to where they wanted it to be. He shouldn't be higher than a 69, if you ask me.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2010, 11:43 PM   #76
Rookie

warrior7807's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
Not every single player can be based off last years stats, especially when last year could have been an injury plagued season which then that players stats didn't match his true potential, or lifetime stats.

Same goes for very young players (1-3 yrs in the league). When you have young players who are still fulfilling their potential, you have to envision what they should be going a year forward. You admitted yourself that he played well in the playoffs. Well the playoffs are the biggest stage. Also, they were his most recent body of work. So that is what EA is going by.

Not to mention, lets not forget we get weekly roster updates, so if a player isn't playing well, or playing better, their ratings will change. Thats why it doesn't matter that much what they initially rate players, becuase they change throughout the year on the game of Madden.
Again,there should be no crystal ball ratings in madden. You even mentioned the supposed weekly updates, so there is no reason to compensate him for hidden potential until he shows it on the field. no one knows if Sanchez will even be in the league in 2 years (far fetched). fact is, if last season, NY doesnt make the playoffs due to their outstanding D and solid Rush O, Sanchez would be no higher than a 78. He is a product of the ever famous Donny Moore playoff rating boosts. he played will in the playoffs compared to the reg season, but the O was simplified for him and even the jets FO recognized his misfortunes by rarely allowing him to throw over 20 times from roughly mid-season on unless desperation was needed. they did a good job limiting the amount of reads he needed to make as they cut down the field for him to make quicker decisions. if donny moore is rating NFL players, it should be based on their NFL experience(if they have any). Sanchez has a year under his belt, and individually, he struggled. If he put those same exact numbers up as the Browns, Raiders, or even Dolphins QB, he would be in the 70s. Your point about him being a rookie and performing decent and looking into the future doesnt hold much water if compared to other 2nd year QB's initial ratings.

He is not the only Jet that shows an inflated rating due to their success. Gholston is a 75 ovr, Cotchery, B. Smith, Leonard, Jenkins all have laughable overalls and need to be lowered. Why are they rated on a much more biased scale when compared with Langford, Wake, R. Brown, Bess, Hartline and Bell?

It only makes sense that individual ratings are measured on individual success/failures. Even though i dont like him(M.Sanchez) as a player, i agree he has the IT factor, but there is not IT factor rating, He did nothing last season to merit the high rating he recieved.

Last edited by warrior7807; 06-28-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:53 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 0

Where are the coverage ratings?

Some of these ratings are obviously poorly done, at least on the dolphins part(have not checked the jets).

Honestly, I think it says a lot about the ''team'' at madden.They have no clue, they do no research. Its sad really.

I can't really speak for the rest of the league, but I've been following the dolphins for years and these ratings are just not accurate. I could go over 40% of the roster and find basic errors but I think ill just point out the most blatant.

Greg Camarillo:How do catch 50 passes and not drop one and have an 83 overall catch rating? Makes no sense whatsoever. What more can you do besides not drop a single pass?

Tyler Thigpen/Pat White: This is just downright disrespectful. I know Thigpen practically didn't play at all last year but even in the one game he did play( and played very well until he threw that pick) he almost brought the fins back after White was knocked out (finishing his season with zero pass completions and a qb rating of 39%). If you follow the dolphins at all its well known Thigpen is a far better QB than White.

Thigpens 2008 numbers with the Chiefs:

54.8 2608 6.2 18
76.0 + 6 TD/INT ratio

Sanchez numbers last year:

2444 6.71
63.0 -8, TD/INT ratio

So, basically Thigpen was better in every way, and despite this hes 18 points below sanchez. Thats just asinine. And this was for the freakin Chiefs, while all Sanchez had to was sit behind his power running game and great d and not make a mistake and he still played like crap. The guy is not that smart he cant read the d at all, hes a simple one read Qb that will end up a bust along the likes of joey harrington.

How is Ricky Williams not tough? How is Ronnie Brown injury rating only 3 points better than Ricky's? Brown has managed to play one complete season in 6 years, and is coming off a major injury.

I don't think they even touched Will Allen's stats. Yeremiah Bell still gets no respect.

The last thing I want to point out is just kinda funny--and a slap in the face to Anthony Fasano. Everybody swagger ratings are at least in the 40's with most in the 50's and up. Fasano has a swagger rating of 25. 25! LOL. Almost twice as low as the next guy who is a rookie. Ouch.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:04 AM   #78
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
Where are the coverage ratings?

Some of these ratings are obviously poorly done, at least on the dolphins part(have not checked the jets).

Honestly, I think it says a lot about the ''team'' at madden.They have no clue, they do no research. Its sad really.

I can't really speak for the rest of the league, but I've been following the dolphins for years and these ratings are just not accurate. I could go over 40% of the roster and find basic errors but I think ill just point out the most blatant.

Greg Camarillo:How do catch 50 passes and not drop one and have an 83 overall catch rating? Makes no sense whatsoever. What more can you do besides not drop a single pass?

Tyler Thigpen/Pat White: This is just downright disrespectful. I know Thigpen practically didn't play at all last year but even in the one game he did play( and played very well until he threw that pick) he almost brought the fins back after White was knocked out (finishing his season with zero pass completions and a qb rating of 39%). If you follow the dolphins at all its well known Thigpen is a far better QB than White.

Thigpens 2008 numbers with the Chiefs:

54.8 2608 6.2 18
76.0 + 6 TD/INT ratio

Sanchez numbers last year:

2444 6.71
63.0 -8, TD/INT ratio

So, basically Thigpen was better in every way, and despite this hes 18 points below sanchez. Thats just asinine. And this was for the freakin Chiefs, while all Sanchez had to was sit behind his power running game and great d and not make a mistake and he still played like crap. The guy is not that smart he cant read the d at all, hes a simple one read Qb that will end up a bust along the likes of joey harrington.

How is Ricky Williams not tough? How is Ronnie Brown injury rating only 3 points better than Ricky's? Brown has managed to play one complete season in 6 years, and is coming off a major injury.

I don't think they even touched Will Allen's stats. Yeremiah Bell still gets no respect.

The last thing I want to point out is just kinda funny--and a slap in the face to Anthony Fasano. Everybody swagger ratings are at least in the 40's with most in the 50's and up. Fasano has a swagger rating of 25. 25! LOL. Almost twice as low as the next guy who is a rookie. Ouch.

My guess is that player ratings are skewed to make simmed game stats and/or team standings come out somwhere in the neighborhood of where EA/TBN wants them to. For instance, they maybe need to get a positional OVR (average of all players at the postion) to a level which yeilds expected produciton, as well as influencing the team OVR score in order to control wins and loses.

Of course, I have reasons to place doubt on when I've just said, as far as the team wins/loss records go. I've done some testing with M10 and saw that some teams were predominant stand out to win or lose games (simmed), despite what the team OVR was, or how well each position was stocked. This indicated to me some sort of pre-programmed preference for a winner.

Last edited by rocknroll1968; 06-29-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:07 AM   #79
Rookie

Ronnie brown23's Arena

OVR: 3

henne is clearly better than sanchez and i have no clue how a guy who can't even see the field is rated above a 50. vernon gholston, a 75?. LOL what a joke the guys who do these ratings are,
Old 06-29-2010, 12:36 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 6

keep in mind that the ratings are not only based on the prior season, but what is projected for this one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »