Home

Why are features consistently removed from year to year?

This is a discussion on Why are features consistently removed from year to year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2010, 06:56 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Why are features consistently removed from year to year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Madden next-gen was written from the ground up. That's not old at all. I don't buy that. Also, it's software, you can do anything you want to if you really want to do it. It just takes a lot of work and passion.

There has to be some other reasoning...
No it wasnt....The engine was essentially re-hashed for the next gen consoles (back in 05 only the 360 but later the PS3)...Its is pretty much the same engine going back to 05.

EA FORCED out Madden 06 on the 360. They didnt get the develpment kits until Mid 04 and just modified the existing engine...Why do you think there are so many issues? The engine has run its course. There are several other reasons i imagine, but that is a biggie for sure.

Remember WAY back when they showed that Eagles vid (on you tube for sure)? Well, their plan was to, back then, design a NEW and improved next-gen engine...Madden wasnt supposed to look or Play like it is now. But, given the deveopment cycle and the fact they forced out Madden 06...Left ZERO time actually design something from scratch.

Had madden 06 not been released and had madden had a full year or more to build, we would have something much differant.

Also the exclusive aggreement happened....and that was awful...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2010, 09:00 PM   #26
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

I'm just disappointed to lose my Halftime Show. Maybe it was perfect but at least there was one.

Extra Point too.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:06 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Why isn't anyone asking these questions at press releases and at E3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
That's what I want to know. Is E3 simply an advertising platform? Nobody EVER asks the difficult questions.
I went to E3 in the 90's and sois pretty much summed it up.Look at pasta what ever his name is.He has all these videos but asking dumb questions.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:23 PM   #28
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I never said it was gone. I know it isn't gone, it's just not improved. It is untouched from last year. Nothing was fixed to build on it. It's an incomplete/broken feature as it stands today.
Ok, just going off a post of yours on the second page that you mentioned Pro-Tak was removed.

If I see the animation less and it's less warpy, and my ball carrier doesn't bust out of a pile of 7 tacklers and runs for a TD, I'll call it improved.

If not, I'd like an explanation just like everyone else.

As far as the game reviewers, what I meant before that they aren't as hardcore as us, is this.

Have you ever seen a review of Madden discuss warped animations, suction blocking, leaping LB's, DB's with eyes in the back of their heads, ice skating, ect.....?

Not very often.

The gaming mag reviewers don't look at Madden through the same glasses as folks on OS does.

Last edited by roadman; 06-28-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:48 PM   #29
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

These questiones WERE asked and WERE answered.

The answer was NOTHING was taken out this gen. The standard answer given is that for current gen a rebuilt engine was used and everything started at step 1 again.

I for one do NOT believe the engine was rebuilt but that's for another discussion.
The only thing this gen that was taken out was the passing cone and the ability to invite a friend into your dynasty game. I think that's it.

Again I'm NOT stating my belief that the answers are fact but rather saying these questions have already been asked and answered.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-28-2010, 10:46 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ok, just going off a post of yours on the second page that you mentioned Pro-Tak was removed.

If I see the animation less and it's less warpy, and my ball carrier doesn't bust out of a pile of 7 tacklers and runs for a TD, I'll call it improved.

If not, I'd like an explanation just like everyone else.

As far as the game reviewers, what I meant before that they aren't as hardcore as us, is this.

Have you ever seen a review of Madden discuss warped animations, suction blocking, leaping LB's, DB's with eyes in the back of their heads, ice skating, ect.....?

Not very often.

The gaming mag reviewers don't look at Madden through the same glasses as folks on OS does.
I agree with you on this. Gaming magazines aren't exactly hardcore journalists looking to shed some light on the destruction of a game. Besides if they did, EA would probably lock them out and they wouldn't be able to move their mags. Its a good point and its actually something that EA did great on the last platform. They made a great product and built on it. This gen not so much.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:55 PM   #31
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I agree every years version feels different to me each year. Not better or worse just different. 06 sucked, 07 was better I guess, 08 was arcade style with the weapons system and the INT's, 09 was my favorite, 10 was slower adn felt like they tried too hard.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2010, 10:56 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
The madden team is working with an awful engine...Its dated....VERY dated...Due to its restraints, they have to lessen things in order to add new stuff....Not defending them, but the engine is just flat out terrible in every single area. Madden this era has come as far as it is going to go.

But on the Next-Next Gen system, more things would be possible...Maybe.

I completely agree with you but I just read an artice on yahoo predicting that we won't see next generation consoles until 2013 or 2014! They claimed most games have not tapped out the potential in this current generation of consolesas there reason for not introducing the Xbox 720 or PS4. So with that being said, Maddens future does not look very promising. I have no idea what their thought process or vision is.

This current engine is stale and needs a complete overhaul. The lack of innovation and building on features is baffling to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »