Home

Thread to Discuss the New Swagger Rating ........ Constructively

This is a discussion on Thread to Discuss the New Swagger Rating ........ Constructively within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #17
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Thread to Discuss the New Swagger Rating ........ Constructively

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
The thing is with me, I dont mind that they added a swagger rating, Im all for new ratings. However, an "Old Spice" swagger rating is blatant pimpin out of the game, IMO. That's what I have a problem with. If their going to advertise to me, make it mesh with the actually game. Like with the Gatorade stats, Verizon halftime and Doritos Crunchtime player. This right here is just unprofessional, IMO.

That said, maybe it just another name for confidence and Im all for that.
Like you said though, swagger seems so unprofessional to have in a game. If it's confidence........call it confidence. They don't call acceleration, quicks or call catching, hands. Why call confidence, swagger? If you were at a job interview and the interviewer asked you "Why should I hire you?" You wouldn't say "Cause I got swagger." lol You'd say "Because I'm a confident person." We still need to find out what it officially is though. Is it official that it's confidence?
Old 06-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #18
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Jones-Drew and Sims-Walker better have a 99.

Garrard's like an 80-5 (95+ if he's wearing the suit and fedora)

I don't want it to be a boost though, at least not on physical ratings. Player swagger can get annoying, I hated seeing Reggie Williams dance after catching a 5 yard slant.

Feeling like you're on top of your game wouldn't make you run faster or hit stronger, but it might make you pull in that pass on 3rd and long.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #19
All Star

splff3000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
Does it matter that it's Old Spice? If (and a very big if) this is implemented correctly (or enough) it could have a great effect on the gameplay.
Seeing as how they just got acceleration and agility to work right, I doubt that this will be implemented correctly on the first try.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #20
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
This was posted in the Miami/Jets rating thread where it was first seen.

Personally, I think it might be interesting if it's not overdone. Football is an emotional game and emotions have a definite effect on physical performance. But how do you program emotion into a video game? This may be their attempt to replicate that. Some players are simply cooler and more composed than others and the pressure pulls the best out of them.

Think Montana in the Super Bowl right before the game-winning drive pointing out John Candy in the huddle vs. Brian Sipe in the AFC Championship game throwing an interception in the endzone that could have sent the Browns to their first Super Bowl. I understand the skepticism, but I'm hoping this will add a layer of unpredictability to the game in a non-arcade way.
It might be like tecmo super bowl when Bo Jackson was in excellent condition he performed better than when he was in poor condition.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Like you said though, swagger seems so unprofessional to have in a game. If it's confidence........call it confidence. They don't call acceleration, quicks or call catching, hands. Why call confidence, swagger? If you were at a job interview and the interviewer asked you "Why should I hire you?" You wouldn't say "Cause I got swagger." lol You'd say "Because I'm a confident person." We still need to find out what it officially is though. Is it official that it's confidence?

You know, you are right about it being unprofessional at a job interview, but at the end of the day it's a videogame that caters to young males, and right now, "swagger" seems to be the latest fad. Not saying it's right or wrong. More or less though, does it really matter that much at the end of the day on the field, snap to whistle? Only time you will notice it is when you are looking at player ratings, ya know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #22

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

So let me get this straight.

There is a rating called "swagger" or is this just something someone made up?
Old 06-28-2010, 09:42 PM   #23
All Star

splff3000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
It might be like tecmo super bowl when Bo Jackson was in excellent condition he performed better than when he was in poor condition.
lol, you're right. You're so absolutely right. I definitely wasn't thinking about it like that. So then would it be better to get a lower rated player with high swagger, who may boost to be good, or get a higher rated player with low swagger? Does anyone know if there will be a penalty for players with low swagger? If it is, that could make the decision even more interesting.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:44 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

lol thats ea for ya wat a joke
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »