Home

Thread to Discuss the New Swagger Rating ........ Constructively

This is a discussion on Thread to Discuss the New Swagger Rating ........ Constructively within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 10:15 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Thread to Discuss the New Swagger Rating ........ Constructively

i like it and a rating like this is something ive wanted for a long time if executed properly. hopefully they can turn it into a confidence rating where good plays make you better and bad ones make you worse
Old 06-28-2010, 10:22 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 7

It's funny to me how worked up people seem to be getting over this new attribute without even knowing what it does. I'm new to this board but has there been discussion over the importance of awareness, toughness, or any other completely non-quantifiable rating? Does anyone consciously avoid drafting a 25 AWR guy with 95 SPD/ACC? I don't think SWG will be any different.

At the end of the day, it's the swagger of the guy on sticks that wins games.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #35
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
I don't get it. I hate the rating system period. How EA can decide how aware a player is and grade his potential is beyond me. Now they're talking swagger? Really. I think I may just edit everyone's to zero unless it drastically affects the game (ie - cutscenes. emotion, etc.). I'm not sure how to discuss this constructively. I'm not hating on EA or saying they're stupid or corporate monsters or anything like that. I buy multiple EA products every year and am very happy with them. I'm just not happy with this particular idea.
Hey man, it's very hard for me too lol. Seriously, I have a long long long rant ready to go, but I have to restrain myself. I'm sure if I posted it, I would be banned and my kids and grandkids too. Right now, I kinda feel like I'm putting on a dog and pony show, but this is the only way, it seems, that OS will let us talk about this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #36
Rookie

Dawsons_Creek's Arena

OVR: 3

I actually think its pretty cool.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

It's not that bad of a feature on it's own, but there's that "You didn't fix/add/improve x yet you had time to put in swagger ratings?!" factor to it. If they had slipped in during Madden 10 it probably would have gone over better, but when you have people already a bit iffy over gameflow which is suppose to be one of the huge back of the box features you can't expect something like swagger ratings to go over well.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 18

What's next, who has the biggest posse rating? Or the poppin tags rating? lol.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:36 PM   #39
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Like you said though, swagger seems so unprofessional to have in a game. If it's confidence........call it confidence. They don't call acceleration, quicks or call catching, hands. Why call confidence, swagger? If you were at a job interview and the interviewer asked you "Why should I hire you?" You wouldn't say "Cause I got swagger." lol You'd say "Because I'm a confident person." We still need to find out what it officially is though. Is it official that it's confidence?
confidence and swagger are different things. Confidence is an inner faith in what you can achieve. Swagger is an outward persona used to influence others.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:36 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 6

I'm officially sold. I now must buy this game because of the swagger rating. My only disappointment is that Freddie Mitchell apparently retired way too soon. He could have like 150 rated hands in this game because he definitely had swagger.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »