Home

I would like to know on the field gameplay wise what has really changed??

This is a discussion on I would like to know on the field gameplay wise what has really changed?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2010, 06:01 PM   #17
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: I would like to know on the field gameplay wise what has really changed??

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If the game play and locomotion improvements are very noticeable, in my opinion, I think it's a upgrade over 10.
I think it's one of those years where we'll have to wait and see and more people will have to play the game to see if the difference is more than slight whereas last year was certainly a huge upgrade.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:04 PM   #18
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

If anyone has any doubt about the new locomotion please play the NCAA 11 demo. You will see its not just a gimmick. IMO its a game changer.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #19
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31_OS
If anyone has any doubt about the new locomotion please play the NCAA 11 demo. You will see its not just a gimmick. IMO its a game changer.

Well Im also hoping Madden is following NCAA's and NHLs lead and has the

"Tuner Set" Tech in there too.

If we got improvements to AI throughout the course of the season(Instead waiting for patches 1.5-2.5 months after launch)......and they listened to our Feedback....it could really ease some peoples frustrations

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 06-29-2010, 10:49 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
Well, this year is about gameplay, and all three things you mentioned have a significant effect on it. I don't believe the game SHOULD change a lot year to year, as that means they have finally built a base to stand on. Something to build off of. I feel like us as consumers have become so used to a brand new everything every year that it has become the standard. I'd much rather have something that looked similar and felt similar but played better than a brand new iteration every time.
I understand building a foundation to stand on. That has been done by EA. I am just hoping per their past history the foundation is what we will get each year with little tweaks until Xbox 360 or Playstation 4.

With that said, the list folks provided on this distro basically described very little change.
There are many other things that would make this game very very good if they simply added to the realism of the game. As an example, look at 2K's effort on NBA 2k11. look at there past efforts. They are dedicated to bringing the realism to your video game console!
Old 06-29-2010, 10:53 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31_OS
I played and still play the demo. Locomotion is a fancy word for items that should already have been in the game. Oh great, now I can kind of soughta chain my moves. Hmmm, this has been done before and old news. NCAA is good, but after awhile all starts to look the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
I played and still play the demo. Locomotion is a fancy word for items that should already have been in the game. Oh great, now I can kind of soughta chain my moves. Hmmm, this has been done before and old news. NCAA is good, but after awhile all starts to look the same.
The demo of NCAA is better than the game last year. I don't know how NCAA can look the same from last year when it's much different all around.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:11 PM   #23
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I have watched pretty much all of the vids and read all of the new Madden 11 stuff, but the real question I have is what has changed on the field gameplay wise??? I saw one new tackle animation, receiving animation is the same, player movement-the same, Locomotion?? the jukes and spins, etc. are all the same. Soooo is this a glossed over madden 10??? I am truly struggling with trying to find a difference gameplay wise then madden 10. Nothing stands out on the field gameplay wise.

If you have noticed change, please list them here? This is gameplay wise, which is what really counts!!!
Quote:
So what you're saying here is that you see the gameplay changes in the demo, but have already discarded them as if nothing has changed? Then whats the point of this discussion if your mind is made up already?

GT: IIx PaCmAN xII
Rams/Mizzou/Cards

Last edited by Pacman83; 06-29-2010 at 11:15 PM. Reason: rearranged quotes
Old 06-29-2010, 11:47 PM   #24
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Alright. Sorry you didn't like it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »