Home

Show or no-show?

This is a discussion on Show or no-show? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2010, 08:00 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 18
Re: Show or no-show?

"And now a look at the other scores from around the league." (5. 4. 3. 2. 1.) "Ok we're going to get you back to the action. Enjoy the 2nd half."

LAME
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 7

EA and the Madden team said everthing you see on Sundays would be in the game. Ive never watched a NFL game with no highlights at Halftime. I know some people don't care for pre, post, half end of week shows, but to the majority it add some immersion to a game that lately has been stale and boring on the field and in the franchise.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #27
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
EA and the Madden team said everthing you see on Sundays would be in the game. Ive never watched a NFL game with no highlights at Halftime. I know some people don't care for pre, post, half end of week shows, but to the majority it add some immersion to a game that lately has been stale and boring on the field and in the franchise.
Exactly! This is one of the reasons it was so hard for me to go from NFL 2k5 back to Madden in 2005. I just cant enjoy a game that has no presentation shows of any kind. I remember going back to playing Madden in 2005 and going straight from the 2nd quarter to the third, I hate dat! LOL

EA has been doing this on Madden for years until last year which gave me hope of further advancement in Madden 11, guess not.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #28
Pro

*in a robotic voice* 'here are the highlights from your game' LOL classic.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:02 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 15

Extra Point was beyond HORRIBLE. If EA wants to add presentation, they should quite honestly, just copy everything from 2K5 and considering the fact that EA purchased the ESPN license years ago for a whopping 15 years, you would think that they would add it in the game the way its meant to be.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:26 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
what ESPN crew? Am I missing something? seems like I have played a different game than a lot of you guys.
I meant NFL Network. Sorry.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:27 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 18

Exactly. Highlights need to be there but WITH commentary. I hate bringing up the Chris Berman stuff from 2K5 all the time, but really...that is the benchmark for how to do presentation in an NFL game. Put things in perspective and talk about the plays as we review them. When is this going to happen in Madden? I haven't seen any news or footage of The Extra Point in M11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2010, 12:24 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprestonevans
Exactly. Highlights need to be there but WITH commentary. I hate bringing up the Chris Berman stuff from 2K5 all the time, but really...that is the benchmark for how to do presentation in an NFL game. Put things in perspective and talk about the plays as we review them. When is this going to happen in Madden? I haven't seen any news or footage of The Extra Point in M11.

Yea, i dont know why EA just doesnt look at what 2K5 did and literally copy it verbatim. I think EA just doesnt want to do that because they dont want to admit that anything 2K5 did was good. That game is still the benchmark for presentation in a sports title. NO title has come close. Madden 2010 took a step in the right direction, but now it looks as if they are scrapping it altogether which is a huge mistake. They keep taking out presentation elements and we are gonna end up right back where we started, which was with that hot hot mess Madden 06 through Madden 09. And for the ppl talking about how presentation is not needed, thats just damn moronic. You might not understand what that adds to a game but most of us realize what it takes to make a better than avg game and things like presentation are an absolute must when it comes to creating immersion. If you cant see that, then i suggest you go find another hobby.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »