Home

Auto Sprint or Turbo Button?

This is a discussion on Auto Sprint or Turbo Button? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2010, 10:50 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Auto Sprint or Turbo Button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Can someone please explain what auto sprint is or how it works. (Is it related to the new dual stick control or do the players automatically sprint in the open field?)
Thanks.
^
there will be no sprint button by default (although it can be turned back on in the menu) and players will just naturally accelerate to their top speed automatically, based on the new locomotion system's effect on acceleration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahThePatsFan
Is that like 2k5's running system? I don't remember it ever being like that in the Maddens I've played (PS1 2002, PS2 2005-06, Wii '08, PSP '09, PS3 '10).
^
yes, 2K had the button tapping to sprinting faster

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 07-01-2010, 12:49 AM   #10
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahThePatsFan
Is that like 2k5's running system? I don't remember it ever being like that in the Maddens I've played (PS1 2002, PS2 2005-06, Wii '08, PSP '09, PS3 '10).

That was 2K's running system, although that isn't the first game I have seen this in. Gameday also had this. And way back in the 8-bit days, a game called Play-action Football had it too. Don't remember what other games used it.

On topic though, I will probably continue to use auto sprint as I have in the demo's, even though I still hit the sprint button often out of habit lol.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:55 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 15

I dont mean to hijack the topic or anything but as a 2K5 fan who purchased Madden NFL 2010 yesterday and played ten games today, I have a question thats actually somewhat related to this topic.

In 2010, is there a speed burst button because unless im missing it, I dont see it at all. Its annoying that once the ball carrier gets just a few yards away from me that there's no chance of me catching up to make the tackle.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 01:07 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 18

Auto sprint, for me it allows easier transitions for stiff arm, spin, or highlight stick moves.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:13 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

First of all, I refuse to call it the turbo button. I don't think we are talking about race cars or an arcade game. I will use the manual acceleration/sprint button, because in real life I decide how and when to use my speed whether it is a quick burst, a slow one etc... etc... I want user control over my speed just like I do in real life. The analog stick accelration is ok but it also controls your direction, I don't think speed and direction should be on the same stick. For example lets say you want to change direction slightly and want a quick burst of speed. That won't work so well if the speed controlled by how far you are pushing the analog stick.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:35 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
First of all, I refuse to call it the turbo button. I don't think we are talking about race cars or an arcade game. I will use the manual acceleration/sprint button, because in real life I decide how and when to use my speed whether it is a quick burst, a slow one etc... etc... I want user control over my speed just like I do in real life. The analog stick accelration is ok but it also controls your direction, I don't think speed and direction should be on the same stick. For example lets say you want to change direction slightly and want a quick burst of speed. That won't work so well if the speed controlled by how far you are pushing the analog stick.
I totally agree!!
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
Old 07-01-2010, 04:19 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

It'll take some getting used to, but I'm glad I have an option to turn off the turbo/sprint button.

I don't think I've ever seen the cpu use it, so I've always hated it (although I could just never seem to ween myself off of using it. Weird, I know)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 10:10 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
In 2010, is there a speed burst button because unless im missing it, I dont see it at all. Its annoying that once the ball carrier gets just a few yards away from me that there's no chance of me catching up to make the tackle.

Thanks.
you are missing it

it is one of the very few things actually in the instruction booklet and in-game tutorial.

anyway, to sprint press R2 (PS3) or RT (xbox)

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »