Home

Madden NFL 11 Discussion: The Good and the Bad

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Discussion: The Good and the Bad within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do you think of the progress of the Madden series?
Moving forward nicely 7 9.86%
Could be better, could be worse 27 38.03%
Needs to turn ship around 37 52.11%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2010, 03:43 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 11 Discussion: The Good and the Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
you are funny. the bold items you complain haven't been addressed were some of the biggest focus areas for m11 development.

Sure, the rocket catch was a bit of an issue, but it seems they've given the WR the much-needed ability to jump and fight for the ball with better animations this year.

Morphing, bad physics, and bad animations should be addressed with new run animations, no backpack DB swat tackle, and the new locomotion system.

Suction blocking has been worked on a lot with the all new run blocking re-write. I don't know how you can overlook this.

Bad ratings is too general of a complaint. Too many too high, too low? Too close together, too spread apart? I mean, they totally re-rated all the players for m10 to be much more spread out and are continuing to tweak the system for m11.

now, did you really have specific issues, or are you just assuming that m11 is the same ol same ol as years past?
Again, i have seen trailers for Madden 11, as well as playing the NCAA 11 demo many times over, getting a feel for locomotion. IMO, it's a little weird, but as I play it more and more and get more used to it, it is an improvement. Only problems I have encountered is that the runner doesn't exactly go where you want him to and it feels slightly stiff.

Rocket catching is still an issue, if NCAA 11 demo is anything to go by. Maybe they'll hammer it out before Madden drops in august.

Suction blocking isn't as bad as it used to be now that OL are much more dynamic, but i can still feel some suction blocking going on, especially on pass plays where the DE loops wide to move the tackle out for a blitzing LB, who is only stopped by the RB by blocking him from the side, turning the LB to face him, literally putting his back to the QB without the ability to turn around. However, that only happened once, so maybe it was a glitch.

In terms of animations, there was an image from Madden 11 (alpha build, I think) where Bullitt (S, Colts) backpacked on Boldin (WR, Ravens) Google image "madden 11 screenshot piggyback" to see it. Hopefully that's no longer in the game.

Bad physics ties in too closely with the acceleration problems with rocket catching, so that is somewhat repeating myself here. Morphing isn't as much of an issue as before, although i did have the ball go right through my DB's hand a couple of times in the NCAA demo.

As far as the ratings go, they're too close together. A lot of players feel exactly the same, especially at WR. Also the fact they added a new rating called swagger (which is sponsored by old spice) that determines how much players like to celebrate. So this rating matters...why? If both teams are human controlled, it defeats the purpose of the rating (unless the game overrides your control by making celebrations automatic, which would be even stupider).

They have made some improvements, yes. I should have made explained this better when starting the thread. However, it still begs the question of how long will it take them to fix it. It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't the ONLY company with the ability to make an NFL licensed game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »