Home

Why would someone's speed rating fall in 2-3 years?

This is a discussion on Why would someone's speed rating fall in 2-3 years? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 04:56 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Why would someone's speed rating fall in 2-3 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise-Star-21
If you read my post thouroughly, I said that Troy is fast, but is not faster. There is no need for them to be on the same field. Obvious game footage shows the speed differential...

Nick Collins has never been caught from behind on an INT

Troy Polamalu got caught by Larry Johnson from behind and dragged down by his hair. So does Polamalu deserve 87 speed? Exactly....
I went back and thoroughly read your last post. You laughed at the notion that Troy could be faster than Collins, and at no point did you say he was fast, just that he was 'sick.'

You then went on to give two pieces of evidence which didn't help your point. Even if you sit there and time them both when they are running full speed in a straight line over the same distance (and ignore human error), game footage is going to be inconclusive. They are both similar speed-wise, and trying to see who is faster using random videos wouldn't be easy. You are talking about two guys who run mid 4.3 40's. It's not like judging a Ferrari with a pickup truck. Even timing at the NFL combine can be off by as much as .1 seconds, which would be more than the difference between Collins and Troy.

Also Larry Johnson didn't run Troy down from behind. Johnson was in front of Troy and as Troy was about to speed past him, LJ dove and grabbed his hair as a last resort. Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVO93...eature=related
Old 07-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #50
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

If you guys really want to bring up 40 times I will put this argument to rest. Here are a couple of facts that you all probably did not know.

1. Polamalu did NOT run at the combine in 2003. So don't spout of any 40 times that he supposedly ran that year because he DIDN'T.

2. The next best 40 time data we have for Polamalu is from his pro day at USC in 2003 where he ran a 4.40. Now that time was the fastest VERIFIED time he ran that day. Some scouts had him at 4.35, but some also had him at 4.50. The most common number (the mode) that came up that day was 4.40. He also had a 42in vertical that day as well.

3. Collins ran an electronic 4.36 in the 40 at the combine in 2005. However, his 40 range was between 4.28 and 4.49...much lower than Polamalu's.

4. So based on the numerical data, you would have to argue that Collins' verifiable 40 was better (4.36 to 4.40) and range was better (4.28-4.49 to 4.35-4.45).
Old 07-05-2010, 03:16 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
I went back and thoroughly read your last post. You laughed at the notion that Troy could be faster than Collins, and at no point did you say he was fast, just that he was 'sick.'

You then went on to give two pieces of evidence which didn't help your point. Even if you sit there and time them both when they are running full speed in a straight line over the same distance (and ignore human error), game footage is going to be inconclusive. They are both similar speed-wise, and trying to see who is faster using random videos wouldn't be easy. You are talking about two guys who run mid 4.3 40's. It's not like judging a Ferrari with a pickup truck. Even timing at the NFL combine can be off by as much as .1 seconds, which would be more than the difference between Collins and Troy.

Also Larry Johnson didn't run Troy down from behind. Johnson was in front of Troy and as Troy was about to speed past him, LJ dove and grabbed his hair as a last resort. Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVO93...eature=related

Ferrari with a pickup truck?

To be honest i don't know how the two steelers fans took so much offense, when i brought Troy's name in to the conversation. We are not going to agree on anythign, so ill let it be.

My hole point of this thread was posting how the dumb the ratings can get once compared to other players.
ex:
Nick Collins has ran done Frank Gore countless times in a straight away fashion, and Gore is 93 speed.

But nothing will get fixed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 0

here's another example Starting RB for the Chiefs J. Charles his speed in Madden 10 was 93 now in Madden 11 his speed is a 97 WTF
Old 07-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #53
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr360BeasTx
here's another example Starting RB for the Chiefs J. Charles his speed in Madden 10 was 93 now in Madden 11 his speed is a 97 WTF
I don't get that one either. That is bogus. Those guys at EA don't know what they are doing!
Old 07-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #54
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
I don't get that one either. That is bogus. Those guys at EA don't know what they are doing!
So we have packers fans complaining for their boy, Steelers fans arguing for their boy, and one dude using the opportunity to sell his website. Smh
Old 07-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
So we have packers fans complaining for their boy, Steelers fans arguing for their boy, and one dude using the opportunity to sell his website. Smh
Dude STFU seriously
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #56
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr360BeasTx
Dude STFU seriously
These aren't the ea or ign boards, settle down kiddo.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »