Home

Madden 11: Gameplay or features?

This is a discussion on Madden 11: Gameplay or features? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2010, 11:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Madden 11: Gameplay or features?

I seem to be the only person that actually likes the way Madden 11 has been developed...IMO Madden 10 made great strides compared to 09...But by doing so much some new features werent polished properly, and that created a community backlash...

THE DEV TEAM COULD HAVE TAKEN THE SAME APPROACH AS THE NCAA TEAM AND HELD PROTAK-COOP(FUTURE OTP)-LIGHTING-LOCOMOTION AND PRESENTATION TILL MADDEN11-AND EVERYONE IMO WOULD BE BEAMING WITH JOY MUCH LIKE MOST NCAA FANS ARE WAITING FOR NCAA 11...

The dev team could have spent the M11 cycle throwing in a laundry list of new additions, but if they werent "polished" perfect, a community backlash would arise once more...So, 1IMO, features for M11 were reduced to a few and serious energy was put into "polishing" M10's new features and getting locomotion correct...

I for one am for gameplay 1st and foremost...if Madden sucks to PLAY, then Presentation, lighting, even Franchise improvements mean nothing, take a look at 10 pre-patches!

NCAA IMO took a year to get everything right, reduced features for NCAA 10, then came all-out in NCAA 11 and look at the response...that sweet ESPN presentation would be worthless if they hadnt gotten gameplay right!

My point is, Madden 11 IMO will be a game with great gameplay(NCAA-Madden's "cousin" gameplay sure is) and subpar features such as franchise...

Would you rather have a feature heavy madden with poor gameplay or vise versa?

IMO gameplay is the foundation on which the house is built, and they are finally fixing the crack...

Last edited by theironlung82; 07-03-2010 at 02:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 11:56 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden 11: Gameplay or features?

At first I wasn't really digging Madden 11, but here recently I have begun to notice the changes they have made instead of the ones they haven't and I am once again excited for the release of Madden, something I have only been able to say once before and that was Madden 10, which most people would agree is the best Madden on this gen.

― Plato
Old 07-03-2010, 12:02 AM   #3
Rookie

Madden 10 was a solid game post-patches-tuning protak, cpu and adaptive AI fixing sideline catches and run blocking should improve M11 even more...protak at release compared to after 2nd patch like night and day...
Old 07-03-2010, 01:32 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree, Madden 10 was a big improvement from M09. And I would like the gameplay to be improved somewhat. But if you were to ask me if I wanted much better game play and no improvements to features, or slightly improved gameplay and great features, it'd be a tough decision.

Only thing is I don't know how much better this developing team has, so I suppose I want some gameplay improvements and a lot of new features with a lot of depth.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:34 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Pro-tak in the NCAA 11 demo vs Madden 10 is night and day. I am really liking Pro-tak in the NCAA demo, I have seen only a handful of broken gang tackles which is what flawed Pro-tak for the most part. So I am assuming Madden 11 will be even more tweaked and polished than NCAA 11's demo.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2010, 01:43 AM   #6
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13

Features. Gameplay can always be manipulated.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:30 AM   #7
Rookie

i dont live anywhere close to my madden friends anymore and online unranked(10min ALLMadden) and oline chise what i generally play, and u cant tweak sliders online, so gameplay is a must 4 me over features...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »