Home

Madden’s Dynamic Performance Serves Sundays With More Flavour (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on Madden’s Dynamic Performance Serves Sundays With More Flavour (Kotaku) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden’s Dynamic Performance Serves Sundays With More Flavour (Kotaku)

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/06/mad...-more-flavour/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden’s Dynamic Performance Serves Sundays With More Flavour (Kotaku)

Really wondering what else there going to release next week cause this sounds very promising.

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 06-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
Banned

“I don’t know if Madden with Dynamic Player Performance will be any harder, but to win, you will have to pay attention.” Young said. “Do you really want to let Michael Vick run on you? You’ll see these emerging week-to-week decisions, and to win, you can’t just be the guy who’s mastered one player or technique. It should make you a more full player, so in that way, it’s more challenging.”

I want to try and make sure I articulate what I am about to state, clearly. An option to hide numeric ratings would greatly increase the risk/reward of "paying attention" to DPP effects. Knowing your starting QB's OVR is exactly -5 versus only knowing he is on a cold streak, is night and day in terms of decision making.

I absolutely love how DPP and Player roles are being explained along with the visual non-numeric and audio indicators. However, continuing to display the exact numeric changes of these features on a player's ratings, decreases the benefit of not knowing exactly how affected players are. If a Bears fan knows for a fact that the 75OVR Cutler, not the 80, 85 or 90OVR, showed up, it makes the decision for what to do a much easier one. Common sense dictates that it is much easier to play a player out of a small bad streak than a larger one.

A good compromise would be to have "?" over ONLY the numeric ratings that are being affected while still displaying the others, normally. For example, a QB would display SPD, INJ, ACC, etc if they are at default levels but would have a "?" for OVR, THP, TAS,TAM,TAD, etc, that are affected and changed.

That said, I am sure that would take sometime to implement so the quick and easy fix, according to Josh Looman/Donny Moore in Podcast #3, is to add an option to hide numeric ratings while they still operate "under the hood".
Old 06-05-2011, 12:41 AM   #4
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

they mentioned that the streak lasts 3 weeks good or bad then the player reverts back to there over all rating . i myself can not wait for this but i am going to give you a scenario.

you just finished up your season your in the playoffs you lead your young team to the playoffs as a rookie QB your rating is like 77 you just started getting hot in week 17 had your best game but your team just made the playoffs as a wild card, while in the playoffs your QB is on fire you make it to the nfc championship game you should not be there but your riding the coattails of your qbs play.

you beat 2 teams in the playoff then you get to the superbowl since you played 3 games over your head on fire your rating goes back to lets say 79 because there was a progression just before the big dance now you fall flat on your face lol how dramatic will that be it is going to add a nice element to this game and i can not wait.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:19 AM   #5
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
they mentioned that the streak lasts 3 weeks good or bad then the player reverts back to there over all rating . i myself can not wait for this but i am going to give you a scenario.

you just finished up your season your in the playoffs you lead your young team to the playoffs as a rookie QB your rating is like 77 you just started getting hot in week 17 had your best game but your team just made the playoffs as a wild card, while in the playoffs your QB is on fire you make it to the nfc championship game you should not be there but your riding the coattails of your qbs play.

you beat 2 teams in the playoff then you get to the superbowl since you played 3 games over your head on fire your rating goes back to lets say 79 because there was a progression just before the big dance now you fall flat on your face lol how dramatic will that be it is going to add a nice element to this game and i can not wait.
This is why I agree with Thinking Out Loud's post. The thing that was often missing from Madden, and what it looks like they fixed this year, is momentum. Too many times you could just play the ratings, load your team up with 90+ overall players and steamroll everyone.

I've had friends throw six picks in a game, and still win by 35 points, the QB acting like he just stepped onto the field.

Last edited by LambertandHam; 06-05-2011 at 05:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1
I have to say while I love the sound of this feature, I don't like how streaks get reset after 3 weeks. Make it a random number most likely to be 3 by all means (such as 5% 1 wk, 20% 2 wks, 50% 3 wks, 20% 4 wks & 5% 5 weeks), I just don't like the idea of knowing a streak will end at a certain point.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshire2012
I have to say while I love the sound of this feature, I don't like how streaks get reset after 3 weeks. Make it a random number most likely to be 3 by all means (such as 5% 1 wk, 20% 2 wks, 50% 3 wks, 20% 4 wks & 5% 5 weeks), I just don't like the idea of knowing a streak will end at a certain point.
I had this discussion with some other posters in another thread about the resets and I think you should try looking at it differently. A streak is the amount of time, consecutively, that their confidence level notably affects their performance/ratings. The preset reset is the maximum amount of time, consecutively, before their confidence level, high or low, no longer has a notable affect and the player ratings resume being dictated by their consistency.

Ratings will fluctuate game to game regardless of if a player is on a streak or not, so a reset does not mean a player's rating goes back to any exact number. It just means the player is back to their usual form. By definition streaks require a start and end or else they wouldn't be steaks, they would be routine.

The reset consecutively caps the cumlative affect confidence can have on ratings but does NOT prohibit players from going on multiple streaks, throughout each season. Players can come out of one streak and roll right into another. Also, resets are individually based on each player except for bye-weeks, injury and off season team resets, so each team can have various players on streaks a majority of the time.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #8
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
[b][i]That said, I am sure that would take sometime to implement so the quick and easy fix, according to Josh Looman/Donny Moore in Podcast #3, is to add an option to hide numeric ratings while they still operate "under the hood".
_________.

This!! please i would LOVE TO HAVE THIS OPTION!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »