Home

So far I don't like the new kicking meter

This is a discussion on So far I don't like the new kicking meter within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #57
MVP

IrishSalsa's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: So far I don't like the new kicking meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12
They blew it. All they had to was just put the Madden 2003 kicking meter back and just leave it alone. It was the same concept as this one except the speed on the way back down was determined by the amount of power you used. If you used 75% power it was easy to get it straight. If you did 90+% the meter would come back down super fast and it was hard to get it accurate. But the better the kicker the more room for error because he would have a bigger sweet spot.

I just put this one on All-Madden, accuracy slider at 0 and went 25/25 in practice mode.
Same here man...making all FGs..I started supersimming them during the game to get realistic results. Or if I do it sooenough, switch controller select to cpu vs cpu and watch the fg.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #58
Rookie

guitarDADDY1208's Arena

OVR: 7

I absolutely hate the kick meter in madden, when they went back to the three click approach last year I was very disappointed because at first I didn't like using the right stick for kicks but over time I grew to love that approach because it bundled all the aspects of the kicking game into one, you had to aim by how you swung the sick back and forth, plus depending on how fluid the motion was affected your overall power and accuracy. I applaud NCAA for keeping the right stick kick meter as opposed to switching back to old school 3 click system.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #59
MVP

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I would love to drop my slider down to zero to make it more of a challenge but for some stupid reason they made the special teams sliders global....again
Old 09-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I would love to drop my slider down to zero to make it more of a challenge but for some stupid reason they made the special teams sliders global....again
Why are they global, this is silly. Just give us the OPTION of real fg% like they had in basketball games for real FT%. This way its determined based on the kickers ability and not everything would be automatic.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #61
MVP

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Why are they global, this is silly. Just give us the OPTION of real fg% like they had in basketball games for real FT%. This way its determined based on the kickers ability and not everything would be automatic.
I agree that there should be an option for meter or real fg%
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 5

Well I'll admit I like the new meter in the FG goal kicking, but it's still pretty easy

There getting closer, but I think adding a little more speed to it would finally put the difficulty of FG kicking where it should be

OR keep that same speed and make the 3rd target spot on the bottom of the meter even smaller would help to

All in all it's good to know there finally headed in the right direction in this area
Old 09-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #63
Rookie

mjh91's Arena

OVR: 7

It's too easy for me. I missed one all year with Robbie Gould, who has always missed 5-6 FG's a year every year of his career.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »