Home

Madden NFL 11 Videos: Full Game - Cowboys vs. Chargers (madscientist06)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Videos: Full Game - Cowboys vs. Chargers (madscientist06) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2010, 01:07 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
i hope they touched the game modes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 01:23 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 11 Videos: Full Game - Cowboys vs. Chargers (madscientist06)

Ugh ..they still got the football going straight up high into the air after a kick off. Its a very tiny complaint of mine but its one that would really help if they simply adjusted the football after a kick off. Right after the kicker kicks the ball to the other team..it goes almost straight up ..instead of it being like how it really looks like...its one of those tiny things that sticks out like a "sore thumb" and could easily be adjusted by the developers.

I will say this though..the developers are finally paying attention to the "little" things when it comes to presentation and atmosphere although not as closely as they should. This complaint of mine about the kick off scene of the ball trajectory needs to be adjusted to a lower angle then having it go straight up in the air after the kicker kicks it..it just looks like the ball is going straight up and will land only 15 yards down field. lol.

Other then that..the other presentation elements,etc look improved over last year. The animations look loads better to me as well and running the rock looks like it may finally be a blast to do because the extra added animations for the RB will give off a much more realistic feel when we are controlling the RB...its hard to believe probably for some but this was one advantage of 2k5..the extra struggle for more yards animations made it fun to play ..as weird as that may sound. The only thing i wish the madden team would do is give us an "option" to be able to press the button to run faster and to break out of tackles...to me that was one of the best things about the 2k football games..it made you feel like you were really fighting for yards by having to physically press the button repeatedly to run faster or break a tackle... its something i noticed they dont understand there at tiburon..owell you cant get everything you want i guess

Last edited by Moegames; 07-05-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:09 AM   #27
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

i am liking the menu system much better than last year's. everything seemed so cramped in 10's pregame menu system. also, it's clear that the running animations have been greatly improved. they looked their absolute worst when viewing the player from the side. but now it appears to be much more smoothed out. there are still hitches in some transitions. but i see that now and again when playing uncharted 2, and they only have one primary guy to animate.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:17 AM   #28
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgrindz
Why don't uniforms get dirty? Where's the field degradation? Typical EA, one step forward two steps backwards.
how is the field supposed to look degraded in a blizzard? also, how does snow get you dirty? i haven't seen the stuff in a bit, but i don't remember getting dirty from rolling around in it.

that being said, my guys better look like walking turds after playing 60 minutes in a downpour on natural grass.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:02 AM   #29
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4

Even though this was the shortest game out of all of them we watched this one also seems to be the best as the people playing seem to know how to play,not sure if it was the same person playing all along but changed his gameplan but regardless both played very. The gameplay also looked very similar to the ncaa demo which is a good thing. August 10th is coming to slow...
Old 07-05-2010, 07:30 AM   #30
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroznYogurt
Ugh, we need consecutive tackling! I'm tired of seeing players drop to the ground every tackle attempt because they have no effect on the tackle.
Yea, it stands out....a lot, takes some of the natural feel/look out of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Ugh ..they still got the football going straight up high into the air after a kick off. Its a very tiny complaint of mine but its one that would really help if they simply adjusted the football after a kick off. Right after the kicker kicks the ball to the other team..it goes almost straight up ..instead of it being like how it really looks like...its one of those tiny things that sticks out like a "sore thumb" and could easily be adjusted by the developers.

I will say this though..the developers are finally paying attention to the "little" things when it comes to presentation and atmosphere although not as closely as they should. This complaint of mine about the kick off scene of the ball trajectory needs to be adjusted to a lower angle then having it go straight up in the air after the kicker kicks it..it just looks like the ball is going straight up and will land only 15 yards down field. lol.

Other then that..the other presentation elements,etc look improved over last year. The animations look loads better to me as well and running the rock looks like it may finally be a blast to do because the extra added animations for the RB will give off a much more realistic feel when we are controlling the RB...its hard to believe probably for some but this was one advantage of 2k5..the extra struggle for more yards animations made it fun to play ..as weird as that may sound. The only thing i wish the madden team would do is give us an "option" to be able to press the button to run faster and to break out of tackles...to me that was one of the best things about the 2k football games..it made you feel like you were really fighting for yards by having to physically press the button repeatedly to run faster or break a tackle... its something i noticed they dont understand there at tiburon..owell you cant get everything you want i guess
Agree with the kick off trajectory...but i disagree with all the button pushing. With Madden i like the way broken tackles work...they don't understand? You do know that it works just about the same way in that you can still fight out of tackles. But i wouldn't want all the button mashing to speed up. I hated that, just me i guess. It does sound like the running will feel more natural this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgrindz
Why don't uniforms get dirty? Where's the field degradation? Typical EA, one step forward two steps backwards.

Lol, speaking of typical..., anyway uniforms do get dirty, just not as dirty as 09. Also they're playing in snow?

GT: IIx PaCmAN xII
Rams/Mizzou/Cards

Old 07-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2
I thought they said that they would be cutting down on all the narrowly missed sacks due to the QB just releasing the ball as he is getting hit? In every vid I've seen so far I see it happening just as much as it did in last year's game. Nice to see that cpu controlled elite pass rushers like DeMarcus Ware STILL get no pressure. Who in the world makes the decisions over there? How can some problems exist year after year after year? What a joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 02:58 PM   #32

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroznYogurt
Ugh, we need consecutive tackling! I'm tired of seeing players drop to the ground every tackle attempt because they have no effect on the tackle.
Badly needed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »