Home

Who's your TOP 5 Recivers in Madden 11 ?

This is a discussion on Who's your TOP 5 Recivers in Madden 11 ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2010, 01:01 PM   #33
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Who's your TOP 5 Recivers in Madden 11 ?

You cant teach someone the instincts and intangibles that Larry fitzgerald has. Few in the league ever have had the Wide Reciever prensece, intelligence and drive to play the position.
Also Larry doesnt have speed, he does when he needs it my point
:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Ys0iEpz8A

Speed isnt a factor in his game. He knows if he does everything correctly, speed is not need. He makes better cuts, runs sharp routes, implements fakes flawlessly, Jumps out of this world, has superior hand-eye coordination and hand strength, is aggressive, great footwork.

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 07-05-2010, 01:11 PM   #34
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr360BeasTx
Dude overall Calvin is better

Calvin

6'5
Wt 240
40. time 4.3

and larry is slow and i'll take speed over hands becuase you can teach some body how to catch a football and you cant teach "SPEED"
Actually, you can teach speed. Otherwise these guys wouldn't go to draft combine training centers and spend thousands on them before the draft. Technique while running is one of the best ways to get faster.

Also your 40 time is bogus...Johnson ran an official 4.35, not 4.30. Get your facts straight.

Looks like many people here agree with me that Fitz is better. I will open a poll to see.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0

this is something Larry wouldnt be able to do ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVvRX...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQv3e...eature=related
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 01:32 PM   #36
Rookie

warrior7807's Arena

OVR: 7

1)A. Johnson
2)Larry Fitz
3)B. Marsh
4a)D. Jackson
4b)C. Johnson

Last edited by warrior7807; 07-05-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #37
Rookie

dude 360 you're such a homer its not even funny. 99.99% of the NFL will take production over speed ANYDAY (that other percent being Al Davis). If speed really mattered than DHB would be lighting the league up right now.

And yes, Larry Fitzgerald is soooooo slow, its almost like he didnt outrun the entire steelers defense in the superbowl.

I seriously can't take people who value speed above everything else seriously. You can post all the youtube videos of calvin running streaks all you want, others will just post videos of larry outleaping double and triple coverages on a daily basis.

I still can't believe earlier you tried comparing 2 different seasons and left out thats that made larry look more productive (mainly 20+ more receptions). Thats seriously pathetic
Old 07-05-2010, 04:03 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melliott
dude 360 you're such a homer its not even funny. 99.99% of the NFL will take production over speed ANYDAY (that other percent being Al Davis). If speed really mattered than DHB would be lighting the league up right now.

And yes, Larry Fitzgerald is soooooo slow, its almost like he didnt outrun the entire steelers defense in the superbowl.

I seriously can't take people who value speed above everything else seriously. You can post all the youtube videos of calvin running streaks all you want, others will just post videos of larry outleaping double and triple coverages on a daily basis.

I still can't believe earlier you tried comparing 2 different seasons and left out thats that made larry look more productive (mainly 20+ more receptions). Thats seriously pathetic
calvin had less recepions but had more yards then larry so what does that tell you
Old 07-05-2010, 04:06 PM   #39
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr360BeasTx
calvin had less recepions but had more yards then larry so what does that tell you
It tells me he is in a different system, has a rookie quarterback none for arm strength. The lions OC wanted to showcase Staffords strengths so they throw the ball more vertical down the field. Calvin johnson simply was in positions to catch deeper routes.

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 07-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 2

1. A. Johnson - 97
2. L. Fitzgerald - 96
3. R. Moss - 94
4. R. Wayne - 94
5. V. Jackson - 92

ratings are what I would give them.

For all of you who say Moss isn't that good, you do realize that he put up elite stats last year, right? He was:

12th in receptions (tied with Tony Gonzalez and Sidney Rice)
5th in yards (tied with Reggie Wayne)
25th in yards per catch (for all receivers with 30+ receptions. That actually isn't that bad of a ranking)
5th in yards per game (tied with Reggie Wayne)
1st in touchdowns (tied with Vernon Davis and Larry Fitzgerald)

I'd still say he deserves to be in the top 5. I think he's about on par with Reggie Wayne, who is a 96. He puts up better statistics, but we all know about his consistency issues. Since there's no rating for that in Madden, I'd just give Moss a rating in the low-mid 80s for awareness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »