Home

What team to be in Madden 11 online franchise

This is a discussion on What team to be in Madden 11 online franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2010, 11:00 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What team to be in Madden 11 online franchise

These teams are available:

Pats - No interest. D sucks
Jets - Top of my board right now
Colts - Top 3 due to Mathis, Freeney and their safeties. Linebacking core probably sucks.
Texans - No thanks
Seahawks - No thanks
Giants - Thought about it but the guy who picks after me is a HUGE fan. I'll be nice.
Green Bay - Thinking about it, but one of the best guys in the league has Detroit
Minnesota - Same as GB
Chicago - Same as GB
San Diego - Wish they had a better secondary. Really like the team and division.

I'm really leaning towards the Colts and Jets. Not because they are so highly rated, but they both have solid defenses. The Jets will probably have the better corners and linebackers, but the Colts will have the better safeties and lineman, with the exception of defensive tackle.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #10
Rookie

Well I'd go Jets or Packers based on what you like. Probably the two best defenses in the league. I'd go with Green Bay because the running game is slightly better, even though Grant isn't that fast. And you can't go wrong with Aaron Rodgers. Dude is a beast, and then you have Jennings and Driver to throw to.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:18 PM   #11
Rookie

I like the jets passing game. I would probably look to trade holmes since Edwards, cotchery, clowney and Keller are good enough for my horrible passing game.

How is the o line and d line in green bay? Who plays opposite Woodson?

It's nice having cromartie opposite revis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 11:38 PM   #12
Rookie

Dos Peninsulas's Arena

OVR: 3

O-Line wasn't very good last year. A lot of young guys and the couple veterans were injured for part of the year. I believe it was against the Bengals that Aaron Rodgers was sacked 8 times. They will be much improved this year however, and hopefully the ratings show that.

The D-line was pretty solid. Across from Woodson is Al Harris. Linebackers are great too, with Nick Barnett, AJ Hawk, Clay Matthews and Brady Poppinga.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:46 AM   #13
Rookie

Well, the packers first pick is a really solid linemen Bulaga, and they picked up longstanding Tauscher, which, after that they were a solid o-line. also give lineman Lang another year and he'll be in his prime. here's a breakdown of the packers for you

Offense:
QB: nothing to worry about here, 3rd or 4th best in league in madden
HB: Grant is solid, great in short yardage, above average in other situations, they just drafted a real speed demon in stark.
FB: solid in quinn johnson. he'll be a franchise guy
WR: EXTREMELY good core
TE: a soon to be elite TE in Finley, and great depth here
O-line: will be good for the season, expect to lose both tackles after this season, but there are two guys who could start already for them.

Defense3-4..very solid)
DE: great depth and versatility here.
NT: see DE. Raji looks to be an extremely solid NT after one more year
LBs: all 4 starters are good. however, they lack depth Clay Matthews looks to be a great sophmore as does Brad Jones looks to be a solid sophmore
CB: Defensive MVP Woodson will shut anybody down as long as he's not covering speedsters deep (safety help needed on streaks ) Al Harris and Tramon Williams are much better than your average #2 CB although Tramon doesnt get the credit deserved. they have lots of CBs that are slightly below average, but young
FS: Collins is an elite safety
SS: Bigby and rookie Burnett are both viable choices to use

Here are the Jets:
See the packers above and change the names

edit: sorry for the poor grammar guys, been a long day, I may come back and fix it when I wake up
Old 07-06-2010, 03:55 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac51526
Well, the packers first pick is a really solid linemen Bulaga, and they picked up longstanding Tauscher, which, after that they were a solid o-line. also give lineman Lang another year and he'll be in his prime. here's a breakdown of the packers for you

Offense:
QB: nothing to worry about here, 3rd or 4th best in league in madden
HB: Grant is solid, great in short yardage, above average in other situations, they just drafted a real speed demon in stark.
FB: solid in quinn johnson. he'll be a franchise guy
WR: EXTREMELY good core
TE: a soon to be elite TE in Finley, and great depth here
O-line: will be good for the season, expect to lose both tackles after this season, but there are two guys who could start already for them.

Defense3-4..very solid)
DE: great depth and versatility here.
NT: see DE. Raji looks to be an extremely solid NT after one more year
LBs: all 4 starters are good. however, they lack depth Clay Matthews looks to be a great sophmore as does Brad Jones looks to be a solid sophmore
CB: Defensive MVP Woodson will shut anybody down as long as he's not covering speedsters deep (safety help needed on streaks ) Al Harris and Tramon Williams are much better than your average #2 CB although Tramon doesnt get the credit deserved. they have lots of CBs that are slightly below average, but young
FS: Collins is an elite safety
SS: Bigby and rookie Burnett are both viable choices to use

Here are the Jets:
See the packers above and change the names

edit: sorry for the poor grammar guys, been a long day, I may come back and fix it when I wake up
I second this entire post.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:11 PM   #15
Rookie

Well, after seeing Winfield and Griffin's ratings (87 and 82), I decided to go with the Minnesota Vikings due to that amazing D-line and of course, Adrian Peterson.

Being that I am not a passer I will look to deal any of my wideouts not named Harvin. I just hope Berrian has speed like he did in 10.

Favre will probably retire after the first season, which is bad for trading him but good since I don't need a 92 overall QB eating up cap space. I'm not much of a passer anyway so Peyton Manning couldn't solve my problems.

Thanks for the advice all. Hopefully the LBs and safeties on the Vikings aren't horrid when their ratings come out.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »