Home

Did NCAA 2011 Steal Madden's Thunder?

This is a discussion on Did NCAA 2011 Steal Madden's Thunder? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Did NCAA 2011 Steal Madden's Thunder?

I usually go with Madden without really thinking about it. But this year I tried the NCAA demo and was really impressed by the gameplay. So I started to read about it and man does this online dynasty thing looks sweet. Add to that some web-based features, it's just too good to pass up on. These web-based thingy are really bringing football in the modern era...I hope many other sports game will borrow from this idea.

Since I'm an offline guy, franchise is my main mode, and Madden has been a letdown to me the last couple of years. It's offline features didn't evolve that much since it's PS2 days. The gameplay is better and last year pro-tak was cool. But this year, the MAIN new feature is gameflow and it just doesn't cut it for me. I'll always call my own plays no matter what.
So yeah, to me it's NCAA this year.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:24 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Graduating from an SEC school and living in SEC country, I enjoy college football more than the NFL. So I usually prefer NCAA to Madden. Since jumping to PS3/360 however, it's pretty clear Madden has been the better game.

Last year, I made the call to buy just one football game. I went with NCAA and thoroughly enjoyed it. Finally, in February, I picked up Madden cheap. And honestly, it was so much better than NCAA, I was ticked I had stuck with NCAA.

NCAA is getting all the hype at the moment. I've played the NCAA 11 demo, and it's definitely made strides since NCAA 10. But I prefer Madden 10 to the NCAA 11 demo, so I'm pretty sure I'll prefer Madden 11 to NCAA 11. I'm waiting for Madden this year. First time ever I won't be buying NCAA on release day.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:27 AM   #59
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Graduating from an SEC school and living in SEC country, I enjoy college football more than the NFL. So I usually prefer NCAA to Madden. Since jumping to PS3/360 however, it's pretty clear Madden has been the better game.

Last year, I made the call to buy just one football game. I went with NCAA and thoroughly enjoyed it. Finally, in February, I picked up Madden cheap. And honestly, it was so much better than NCAA, I was ticked I had stuck with NCAA.

NCAA is getting all the hype at the moment. I've played the NCAA 11 demo, and it's definitely made strides since NCAA 10. But I prefer Madden 10 to the NCAA 11 demo, so I'm pretty sure I'll prefer Madden 11 to NCAA 11. I'm waiting for Madden this year. First time ever I won't be buying NCAA on release day.
If you are referring to gameplay with regards to your choice preference, for the most part they two are going to be identical this year as for the first time they are sharing the same gameplay changes in the same year (IMHO a good thing).
Old 07-11-2010, 01:16 AM   #60
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I think this post sums up the lack of excitement for me. No offense to the poster, but we are talking about changing the buttons you press to make adjustments as if this is a major deal. The gameflow/gameplan changes go along with this as well. Neither of these things are groundbreaking improvements to me. If these are the biggest things that have someone excited for Madden 11, it explains why I have very little interest this year.

Imo, I can call the play the traditional just as easily as I can using this using gameflow. (I didn't see it used once in an E3 vid that I watched) Gamers will adjust to the strategy pad controls in just a few games as well.

I haven't been on the boards half as much as last year and it's not because NCAA stole Madden's thunder. It's because looking at the vids and reading the new info, I can barely find any thunder at all.
Where did you get the strategy pad was a major deal in his post?

I'd like to think I know Redrza pretty well for someone on the net.

I can assure you that physics and animations were his major pet peeves with Madden in the past. He has stated that these are much improved.

Really be surprised if Madden would steal your thunder based on your sig.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:23 AM   #61
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

No. NCAA is so good (well, the demo at least) that it's multiplied my excitement for Madden.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 11:13 AM   #62
Rookie

sportskid84's Arena

OVR: 8

There are people that just buy madden and not NCAA football
Old 07-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #63
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

I may go for NCAA this year, since they have the same features, but more (is it true NCAA will actually have lighting changes by quarter? Something Madden is confirmed not to have).

Not to mention with NCAA there are so many more teams and opportunities for a long an engaging "franchise" experience where you build your school bottom up.

So for me, at this point my scale is leaning towards NCAA. But then if Madden reveals some killer new "sim" football additions, that may change.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:07 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 6

I don't know if its stealing the thunder but NCAA this year looks to be the more complete game. It offers all of the gameplay and presentation and has a much more in depth franchise mode.

If they were both pro games that would be one thing. I don't think anyone would be picking up Madden if that was the case but its not and NCAA has a select audience.

Last year I thought I was skipping NCAA and buying Madden but after the developments this year I'm buying NCAA and renting Madden once the patches come out. Because of its depth, I think NCAA could last me until next year but we'll see come next week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »