Home

locked playbooks?

This is a discussion on locked playbooks? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
locked playbooks?

I have noticed that everybody i play online switches to the NYJ defense. i think playbooks should be locked and if you pick a team thats the playbook you use. with all the talk about sim i never see this arguement. works the same with offense also. i think it would give the game a more sim feel than every using the same 5 plays from 1 or 2 playbooks no matter what team they use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: locked playbooks?

I agree. One of the several reasons why I don't play online. People say they love their team so much but can't even use their own teams playbook.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #3
Rookie

yeah ive seen people play with the saints and the ravens but use still use ne playbook with both teams. no team feels different when playing against someone online. i mean i got a homeboy who has used the same four money plays on every madden since i can remember. no matter what team he uses same four plays. i run wit my no offense and defense baby. i just wish they would have a gregg williams stle defense in the game.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I agree. One of the several reasons why I don't play online. People say they love their team so much but can't even use their own teams playbook.

That's because alot of the team specific playbooks are terrible. There are plays in Carolina's playbook that they never run, and they're missing formations that they run often. It's common knowledge that some playbooks are far better than others. Why would someone limit themselves to one PB when they're trying to compete.

Playbooks have zilch to do with being SIM as users play to their strengths more so than a teams strength, so why pick a running playbook, when you're more of a passer. That's narrow minded thinking to consider swapping playbooks un-SIM.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:58 PM   #5
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
That's because alot of the team specific playbooks are terrible. There are plays in Carolina's playbook that they never run, and they're missing formations that they run often. It's common knowledge that some playbooks are far better than others. Why would someone limit themselves to one PB when they're trying to compete.

Playbooks have zilch to do with being SIM as users play to their strengths more so than a teams strength, so why pick a running playbook, when you're more of a passer. That's narrow minded thinking to consider swapping playbooks un-SIM.
I play offline franchise so if I am not happy with how the plays work with my players then I fire the coach. Now that is SIM. Actually I might just fire the coach for the heck of it because McDaniels is garbage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #6
Rookie

yeah you got a point. i can see how running a rex ryan defense with the browns, colts, or any team for that matter can be sim. seeing as tho thats what really happens in the nfl. you have a point my friend. its definitly sim to see the colts running wildcat. like i always say everyone says they want sim but do they really know what they are asking for. but i forgot sim to certain people means "how they play".
Old 07-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I kind of disagree on this idea. I like Carolina D playbook. But their offense playbook I ain't to happy about sometime. I look around sometime for different playbooks to use. But again I don't play online all that much. So it doesn't really matter much to me anyway.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:40 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 7

I switched to the Jets defense when we named Don "Wink" Martindale our new DC. He's practically a Ryan (coached with both Rex and Rob) in his physical appearance and his coaching style.

You may want to re-think your definition of personal space.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »