Home

Madden 11 Eagles Franchise

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Eagles Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Madden 11 Eagles Franchise

I do not own the game yet, but I am going to be posting stories and stuff about my franchise. When the game comes out it will all be fiction and it will stop going by what happens in real life.

I will be playing on All-Madden. And I will update whenever I play.

But until then I will bring everyone up to date in real life, and then it will set itself up in the franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Madden 11 Eagles Franchise

"Getting swept three game to none by the Cowboys, we know that this off-season is going to remodel the Philadelphia Eagles team, scheme, and mindset for many years to come." -Coach Andy Reid February 2010

March 5th 2010:
Breaking News
Adam Schefter reports that the Philadelphia Eagles have released veterans Running Back Brian Westbrook and Outside Linebacker Will Witherspoon.
Schefter also reports that Fullback Leonard Weaver has been resigned to a three year contract.

"Brian Westbrook may perhaps be the greatest Eagles running back in history, but with his latest concussion, we will not take a chance on bringing him back." - Coach Andy Reid

March 10th 2010:
On the Philadelphia Eagles website it is reported that they have signed Ex-Colts CB Marlin Jackson to a two year contract.

March 16th 2010:
Breaking News
The Philadelphia Eagles have traded Defensive End Chris Clemons and a 2010 4th round pick to Seattle for Defensive End Daryll Tapp.
The Eagles have also signed RB Mike Bell.

March 17th and 18th:
Ex-Probowl RG/RT Shawn Adrews has been released from the Philadelphia Eagles organization, as well as Kevin Curtis (WR) and Darren Howard (DE).

April 2nd 2010:
The Philadelphia Eagles and Cleveland Browns have finalized a trade.

Eagles get: LB Alex Hall, 4th Round Pick, 5th Round Pick in the 2010 NFL Draft

Browns get: CB Sheldon Brown and LB Chris Gocong

April 4th 2010:
Breaking News
NFL Insider Adam Schefter reports that the Philadelphia Eagles have traded six time Pro-Bowler Donovan McNabb within the division to the Washington Redskins

"We have decided to move Donovan, we feel Kolb will be our long term solution at Quarterback. It's nothing against Donovan we wish him the best, and we are very thankful for what he has done for the Franchise." - Coach Andy Reid

April 19th 2010:
Breaking News
The Philadelphia Inquirer reports that the Philadelphia Eagles have landed former first round pick Ernie Sims (Linebacker) for a 5th round pick in a three team trade with the Broncos and Lions.

April 22th - April 24th 2010:
2010 NFL Draft

1 (13) DE Brandon Graham, Michigan

2 (37) FS Nate Allen, South Florida
(Acquired from Washington for QB Donovan McNabb)

3 (86) DE Daniel Te'o-Nesheim, Washington

4 (105) CB Trevard Lindley, Kentucky

4 (121) LB Keenan Clayon, Oklahoma

4 (122) QB Mike Kafka, Northwestern

4 (125) TE Clay Harbor, Missouri State

5 (134) DE Ricky Sapp, Clemson

5 (159 WR Riley Cooper, Florida

6 (200) RB Charles Scott, LSU

7 (220) LB Jamar Chaney, Mississippi State

7 (243) DT Jeff Owens, Georgia

7 (244) S Kurt Coleman, Ohio State

"With the Acquisition of a few 3-4 Linebackers will you be switching your scheme to the 3-4, and getting rid of Jim Johnson's 4-3 pressure scheme?" - Philadelphia Reporter

"We will be throwing multiple looks at opposing offenses. Who says you can either be 4-3 or 3-4? We will be running every scheme you could think of. Using a lot of jokers, rotating our front 7 as much as possible." - Sean McDermitt Eagles Def. Coordinator

2010 Philadelphia Eagles OTA's:

Recently acquired CB Marlin Jackson has torn his ACL, will be moved to IR.

Michael Vick has been much more poised in the pocket from what the world is used to seeing from him.

Brandon Graham and Jeremy Maclin have both been very quick to learn, and are both expecting to start Week 1 vs the Packers in the Throwback uniforms.

June 2010:
Breaking News
Report: There has been a shooting at Michael Vick's Birthday Party. Roddy White (Vick's former team-mate) has publicly said that Vick and he left the party 30 minutes before the Shooting.

July 2010:
Breaking News
The Philadelphia Eagles personnel say they are NOT planning on the release of Michael Vick, and they will further investigate.
Michael Vick has been cleared, the Birthday shooter has been identified. The victim of the shooting has not been cooperative, therefore there will be no charges pressed on the shooter.

Philadelphia Eagles Off-Season:

Lost:
Brian Westbrook
Donovan McNabb
Sheldon Brown
Shawn Andrews
Kevin Curtis
Will Witherspoon

Added:
Daryll Tapp
Mike Bell
Ernie Sims
Brandon Graham
Nate Allen

"We strive to get younger this off-season, planning our success for the future, rather than right now." - Coach Andy Reid

Training Camp Key Position Battles:
4th WR Hank Baskett vs. Riley Cooper
Hank Baskett is more known for his special teams play, and his 6'4 frame. He has not been very productive at WR on the field, but can go up and get it against the smaller CB.

Riley Cooper Florida WR standout is faster than Hank Baskett and seems to be more of a possession WR. But he is young, and may not transfer to the NFL well.

RCB Ellis Hobbs vs. Juselio Hanson
Ellis Hobbs may already have the RCB experience he needs to lock up the spot. Playing in a Superbowl on the opposite side of Asante Samuel in New England. Last year Hobbs was injured for a few games, and also had a very lack luster year as the Nickel/Dime CB.

Hanson has always seemed to fit anywhere the Eagles have moved him to. Especially the Nickel CB spot. Which may be his home from now on. When Sheldon Brown went down last year, Hanson was very solid against the #2 WR's he faced.

KR Quintin Demps vs Ellis Hobbs vs Jeremy Maclin
Coming out of Missouri it seemed that Rookie Jeremy Maclin would have locked up the KR spot for sure. But a couple fumbles, and very average returns Maclin was benched on kickoffs.

Ellis Hobbs who is pretty quick had a few looks at KR last year and seemed to do well running north and south, averaging 24.1 yards per kick return.

Demps seems like he will be the kick returner when the season starts. In 2008 he was a Top 5 KR when it comes to yards, averaging 25.8 yards. Hobbs and Demps may be the closest battle, but I wouldn't sleep on Maclin.

* Quotes are made up by me *

Last edited by GoEagles614; 07-07-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:25 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...all-dynasties/

is where this post should be.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 36

Edit...This post wasn't necessary. Looking forward to keeping up..I'm a diehard Eagle fan.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:28 PM   #5
Banned

EDIT: was a reply to you lol GoEagles!!! I'll keep this going as long as they let me. I might have to move it. It will slow down until the game comes out I'm sure.

Last edited by GoEagles614; 07-07-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoEagles614
Lindley really? Hanson I think is better and more ready to play there.

I get what you mean man, I'm not startin' anything. I just feel like there isn't a decent RCB on the roster. Hobbs could be good, but his neck injury is sure to be of concern. Lindley COULD (if he lights it up) start after the bye week.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:33 PM   #7
Banned

I havent seen much of Lindley, OTAs just ended and camp hasn't started. I'm just going off of what I know. Hanson can play, I've seen it. As well as Hobbs. I may change it after I see some Lindley action.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:54 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2

Hobbs never won a SB with the Patriots. He did play in the 07 one, though. Putting him man-to-man with Burress is one reason why they lost

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »