Home

What are your franchise plans?

This is a discussion on What are your franchise plans? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2010, 06:34 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: What are your franchise plans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
i am going to take control of my lions organization make some trades
here is a list of players i will pick up
OT john jerry
CB joe hadden need a cornerstone cb
WR Roy williams now that the cowboys got dez i am sure i can swing a trade for him.
S taylor mays ill pair him with delmas be set for 10 years

thats all the trades ill make i am sure i will cut a few players.
Yea, there is no way Browns trade Joe Haden and SanFran trade Mays. You'd have to give up half your roster to get both of those guys.

And I doubt Miami would trade away an O-Lineman for nothing, even if taken in 3rd round.

This isn't the NBA. Teams don't trade drafted players for pocket change. They draft to build teams.

When in the history of the NFL has a team ever traded for THAT many players in one season. Never. So it is cheese trading. It shouldn't happen. Only Roy Williams is a viable trade, and even then the Cowboys should expect at least a 2nd rounder for him, just because of what they gave up to get him.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #50
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrinity
Yea, there is no way Browns trade Joe Haden and SanFran trade Mays. You'd have to give up half your roster to get both of those guys.

And I doubt Miami would trade away an O-Lineman for nothing, even if taken in 3rd round.

This isn't the NBA. Teams don't trade drafted players for pocket change. They draft to build teams.

When in the history of the NFL has a team ever traded for THAT many players in one season. Never. So it is cheese trading. It shouldn't happen. Only Roy Williams is a viable trade, and even then the Cowboys should expect at least a 2nd rounder for him, just because of what they gave up to get him.
i understand what you are saying but me i choose to trade in year 1 clean out the trash and get some young talent
then again that is just me. i would rather trade my 1st for a joe haden rather than use my 1st on a ncaa college football draft class first there never right you always have 5 fbs rated in the top 10 or you draft a player like eric berry who in my game from madden 10 was never rated higher than rd 2 and every time you drafted him the cpu would not let you sign him forcing
you to start a new franchise because you could not get past the sign your players screen so i like to get players i know meaning rookies. instead of using the draft clases that never work.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMeridian
The potential rating can stay as far as I'm concerned but the players shouldn't progress automatically, they should progress like they did in previous Maddens. The only way it makes sense in my head is if the potential is a way of telling you that certain players CAN reach 99 because their worst attributes are attributres that can actually be raised with gameplay (AWR) as opposed to ones that can't (SPD).
I agree. When I first heard they were doing potential this is what I assumed it would be based on. In real life, 'potential' is usually a way of saying a guy has raw talent. He has the physical ability, but needs to learn the position (which would be like awareness, pass coverage ratings, accuracy, etc.) I was a little disappointed when I realized this wasn't really the case.

And to Pringles... do whatever you want in a personal franchise; it's your game. That being said, I do hope trade logic is improved to where your scenarios are basically impossible. It would take a ridiculous amount of picks or players to get Joe Haden or Taylor Mays. And it would probably take a 1st rounder to get Jerry from the Phins... they like the guy a lot and he's expected to start this year at guard for them. Rookies from the first 3-4 rounds are usually not for sale (exceptions are in situations like Manning/Rivers). Teams put a lot into the draft and pick guys that they really like. If they didn't really like somebody they wouldn't draft them. Roy Williams is a reasonable trade for a 2nd or maybe 3rd rounder, but it would be unlikely that either team (Lions or Cowboys) would want to admit their mistake and trade back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

try and pick up T.O. if hes a free agent. Need an actual No.1 reciever
Old 07-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #53
Rookie

warrior7807's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
i am going to take control of my lions organization make some trades
here is a list of players i will pick up
OT john jerry
CB joe hadden need a cornerstone cb
WR Roy williams now that the cowboys got dez i am sure i can swing a trade for him.
S taylor mays ill pair him with delmas be set for 10 years

thats all the trades ill make i am sure i will cut a few players.
if your going after a OT,you might want to set your sights elsewhere. Jerry is a guard irl and Madden. just giving you a heads up
Old 07-11-2010, 10:28 PM   #54
Rookie

TribeWarpath's Arena

OVR: 1

Control the Browns.

Have mediocre season.

Upgrade following positions: QB, WR, RG, RT, DE, LB
Old 07-12-2010, 07:16 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImxNikx
try and pick up T.O. if hes a free agent. Need an actual No.1 reciever
I'm fine with Schilens, Murphy, and DHB as my starting three but on M10 I did pick up TO and used him in the slot a bit but ended up trading him to the Jags when the Raiders acquired John Henderson irl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 10:10 AM   #56
Rookie

Bengals28's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm gonna run with my beloved Bengals as always. Not many roster changes through the pre-season and in the first year (might cut jerome simpson before the season). I'm looking forward to having a vertical threat in Gresham. Both sides of the ball will have talented players. After the season I'll NEED to update the safety postion and I'll probably see if I can get an upgrade at MLB. Maye some O line and besides that probably just fill some holes and draft the best player available. Hopefuly that will be a high pick in the draft as I plan on making deep playoff runs with the team being pretty talented.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »