Home

What are your franchise plans?

This is a discussion on What are your franchise plans? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2010, 05:45 PM   #57
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What are your franchise plans?

Since we're on the franchise subject does anyone know if they finally fixed Injured Reserve>
Old 07-13-2010, 08:18 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMeridian
I'm fine with Schilens, Murphy, and DHB as my starting three but on M10 I did pick up TO and used him in the slot a bit but ended up trading him to the Jags when the Raiders acquired John Henderson irl.
I would be ok, if DHB didn't drop so many damn passes, but he is great after the catch. Murphy developed decently, but he still drops some every once in awhile.

Schilens I ended up trading I believe or just released, don't remember. He wasn't doing anything amazing for the team at all.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:38 PM   #59
Rookie

skeletore2002's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm a very casual football fan who only pays attention during the season, and doesn't pay any attention to the offseason (I know about McNabb, and that's about it). That being said, what teams should be the most improved in this year's Madden compared to last year's?
Old 07-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImxNikx
I would be ok, if DHB didn't drop so many damn passes, but he is great after the catch. Murphy developed decently, but he still drops some every once in awhile.

Schilens I ended up trading I believe or just released, don't remember. He wasn't doing anything amazing for the team at all.

I usually let him go as a FA at the end of the season as well I guess. Mostly because he's injured irl so often and his picture isn't in the game.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:59 AM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletore2002
I'm a very casual football fan who only pays attention during the season, and doesn't pay any attention to the offseason (I know about McNabb, and that's about it). That being said, what teams should be the most improved in this year's Madden compared to last year's?
Oakland will be much improved with Campbell under the helm. Russell would throw such terrible balls and Grads has Garcia type arm strength. Also, they had a great draft with some good young defensive players.

Seattle will have a stronger running game and defense.

Detroit has a revamped D and picked up Burleson at WR.

Just a few off the top of my head
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 12:38 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMeridian
Oakland will be much improved with Campbell under the helm. Russell would throw such terrible balls and Grads has Garcia type arm strength. Also, they had a great draft with some good young defensive players.

Seattle will have a stronger running game and defense.

Detroit has a revamped D and picked up Burleson at WR.

Just a few off the top of my head
Detroits CBs are still the worst.

Seattle has improved multiple ways.

Oakland's only glaring weakness was QB so yeah.

The Giants secondary and DL has improved.

The Chiefs have improved in the secondary really just with Eric Berry, and Dexter McCluster, and Thomas Jones on offense.

The 9ers should have a pretty stacked team.

The Browns are maybe the best, worst team on the game. Great running game, an option of QBs, secondary has improved tremendously with Sheldon Brown, T.j Ward, and Joe Hayden. The O Line is solid, all they need is a WR really, maybe some LBs.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:56 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
Madden's franchise lacks depth for me. All of my franchise plans are going to be happening on NCAA this year. I figure I'll rent Madden after the patches are out.
Same here, after playing MLB The show, i cant get into the sad franchise mode that is madden, way too shallow. Think i'll rent it this year.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
What? Why? With the upgraded gameplay and fixed stats on Franchise, you should get 11 dude. Definitely worth it to me.

2 Questions - 1 Usually for the Skins, I've gone after a QB in my first draft. With Dono there this year, do you think I should go for another position of need (unfortunately there are many on the Skins) instead of QB? Or should I try to trade the house and get a top selection and try to land Locker/Luck/Ponder, etc. for the future?

2 Should I dump Albert Haynesworth if he's not done by the time August comes around? I feel like I could get good trade value for him in the game, but if he's on the team in real life, it may be unrealistic. Just looking for opinions
Upgraded gameplay? LMAO, its been the same since 06, doubt it will be much of a change, the Ai needs a total rewrite, franchise is so shallow, etc...

The exclusive rights is the worst thing that happened to NFL football video games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »