Home

Anything new with Extra Point?

This is a discussion on Anything new with Extra Point? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2010, 12:46 PM   #33
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Anything new with Extra Point?

^^Yes, it was definitely in. I remember it on the Sega Genesis. Your game would end, and some announcer would say something to the effect of "With this game over, let's check out the closing moments of the Chicago Bears-Green Bay Packers game."

There would be maybe 58 seconds left, and you'd simply watch the game unfold. It was great.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 7

I got a solution.... Why not hire the guys that worked on nfl 2k5s presentation. It doesnt seem that they will be working on an nlf game for a very long time and it would be a win win situation for everybody.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
^^Yes, it was definitely in. I remember it on the Sega Genesis. Your game would end, and some announcer would say something to the effect of "With this game over, let's check out the closing moments of the Chicago Bears-Green Bay Packers game."

There would be maybe 58 seconds left, and you'd simply watch the game unfold. It was great.

Thank You!! I'm not crazy!!

It was great sometimes it would be last second FG's for the win.. We are going back maybe close to 20 years and this feature was in the game.. If EA adding something as small as this to a post game show the OS'ers would go crazy, it would make everyone so happy!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

The in-game highlights were in both Madden and Madden '92 for Sega Genesis....mainly just game winning Field Goals.....oh, and don't forget about the Ambulance that would drive onto the field and run over all the players to get to the injured man. That was classic! =)
Old 07-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #37
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when I was a kid in the early 90's I remember a Madden that would take you the end of another game and you would watch the last play... the system had to be like N64 I think.. Maybe I'm just crazy but I swear I remember this!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Seriously??? Maybe somebody else can confirm this; I don't remember at all.

That'd be awesome stuff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
I know I remember this!!! I think it was Super NES was the system, and if I'm correct at one point Madden only had the Playoffs... I could be losing it here! So if some one else remembers this please help me out!!!!
Madden 96 for SNES had this. I have the ROM on my computer and still play it once in a blue moon. The highlight still gets me, sad that they didn't continue down that path as far as highlights from other games, even on the PS1 and N64 Maddens; it was truly a great feature.

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 07-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #38
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I remember it as being Madden '94(best of it's time)that had this.I played it on the Genesis and it would take you to a game-winning field goal attempt of a different game.It was certainly pretty cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »