Home

Eagles Player Ratings

This is a discussion on Eagles Player Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #49
RE2PECT

NYYanks26's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Eagles Player Ratings

DeSean Jackson- Overrated??

We upgraded at QB.. Eagles are gonna score points as usual and our defense is vastly improved from a year ago.

10-6, playoffs no doubt in my mind.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYanks26
DeSean Jackson- Overrated??

We upgraded at QB.. Eagles are gonna score points as usual and our defense is vastly improved from a year ago.

10-6, playoffs no doubt in my mind.
Yeah, I am sorry but I feel he is over rated. EA always seems to over rate guys who are huge play makers. Jackson may be one of the top 5 play makers in the NFL. When he catches it, he is a threat to take it the distance every time. But when it comes to being a great overall receiver, he is not a top ten guy. Maybe he will be in a few years, but not yet.

Upgraded at quarterback? xD
Kolb? Maybe he is a little more accurate than McNabb but he is no where near the level of McNabb, the guy who led the Eagles to the NFC championship sooooo many times, often without any real receiving threats. McNabb can't run like he used to but he is still much more mobile then Kolb. Again when it comes to being an "overall" great player (not just being a speed play maker like jackson or being accurate like kolb), McNabb is a great overall guy and MUCH better than Kolb at this point. That could change, but to say right now that Kolb is better than McNabb is just ignorant and biased.

Defense is improved, I will give you that. Graham should be a great threat (i really hoped atlanta was going to get him). Linebacker is improved as you get Bradley back and add Sims. Defensive back is generally the same as far as talent goes. So I wouldn't say greatly improved but it is improved nevertheless. Might win you two more games improved BUT

.... if you guys are going to make the playoffs, either McCoy or Kolb is going to have to have a breakout year. Just one of them needs the breakout year but it has to happen.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
Okay Eagles:

QB: young and inexperienced. I don't think he will be bad but I don't think he will be good either. At least not yet. Although I am hearing some tremendous things about Vick in camp. I even have a hunch he could be better than ever before, but won't matter if Kolb is taking 95% of snaps.
grade: C

HB: Westrbook is gone. Doesn't matter to much since he was always hurt but I don't know if McCoy will ever be on the same level. Weaver is a beast. IMO the best FB in the league today.
grade: B-

WR/TE: Jackson and Maclin are very good but over rated. Jackson gets all the hype of being one of the best in the league but he is not even one of the better starting receivers in the league. He is a phenomenal play maker and a really good reciever, but again over rated. Maclin is over rated too, but I think he may have a big breakout year. We will have to see. Oh and Celek is slightly over rated too, but he is still a very solid threat.
grade: B

O-line. I honestly don't know enough about the eagles o-line to comment on them.

D-Line: This is a huge strength for the eagles. Every player at this spot is solid.
grade: B+

Linebackers: Sims is a beast. Bradley may be a beast if he plays like he did two years ago. Gaither is average at best. Jordan is okay but not really an ideal linebacker for a great defense.
Grade: C+

Defensive backs: Samuel is a top 5 corner in the game but who starts on the other side? Hanson and Hobbs are both okay, but both will be seen as areas to attack from passing teams. At safety, Mikell is okay. But can Macho Harris get the job done on the other side? Nobody really knows for sure.
Grade: B-

So I see the Eagles as actually a very good team, but I don't see them really any better than last year's team. There is always so much competition in the game today that even good teams get snubbed at 7-9. I could definitely see the Eagles go 9-7 and get a wild card spot or maybe even 10-6 if they really bring their A game. I just think it may take another year for Harris, Graham, Kolb, McCoy, Maclin, etc to all grow into their dominant forms.

As for the skins, i've never really bought into their hype. Shanahan looks to be getting things together, but they still have problems with bad attitude haynesworth. Without him playing hard, those DE's and OLB's won't get the kind of sacks they did a year ago. So already looks like they might be weaker on defense then in the past. Yeah they brought in a lot of running backs, but Portis is still the best back there so hard to say they improved the position. Congratz on great RB depth I guess but that is it. The biggest difference to me is that now they finally have a QB who I feel is capable of taking them to the playoffs and winning playoff games. Plus you know he will play his heart out against Philly.
how is Maclin overrated lol people dont even talk about him

and Celek is no where close to being overated hes one of the better receiving tight ends in the league

and as far as Jackson nobody has called him an elite wide receiver an elite playmaker yes.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 04:18 PM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_n_gravy
how is Maclin overrated lol people dont even talk about him

and Celek is no where close to being overated hes one of the better receiving tight ends in the league

and as far as Jackson nobody has called him an elite wide receiver an elite playmaker yes.........
I mean Maclin is probably going to be over rated on Madden

Celek is really good, but I could easily name ten tight ends better.

Then why does Jackson get a 91 rating? He gets a top ten receiver rating and he is not a top ten receiver.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #53
RE2PECT

NYYanks26's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, I am sorry but I feel he is over rated. EA always seems to over rate guys who are huge play makers. Jackson may be one of the top 5 play makers in the NFL. When he catches it, he is a threat to take it the distance every time. But when it comes to being a great overall receiver, he is not a top ten guy. Maybe he will be in a few years, but not yet.

Kolb? Maybe he is a little more accurate than McNabb but he is no where near the level of McNabb, the guy who led the Eagles to the NFC championship sooooo many times, often without any real receiving threats. McNabb can't run like he used to but he is still much more mobile then Kolb. Again when it comes to being an "overall" great player (not just being a speed play maker like jackson or being accurate like kolb), McNabb is a great overall guy and MUCH better than Kolb at this point. That could change, but to say right now that Kolb is better than McNabb is just ignorant and biased.

Defense is improved, I will give you that. Graham should be a great threat (i really hoped atlanta was going to get him). Linebacker is improved as you get Bradley back and add Sims. Defensive back is generally the same as far as talent goes. So I wouldn't say greatly improved but it is improved nevertheless. Might win you two more games improved BUT

.... if you guys are going to make the playoffs, either McCoy or Kolb is going to have to have a breakout year. Just one of them needs the breakout year but it has to happen.
Upgraded a QB might have been a swipe but you know what? I'd rather have Kolb than McNabb right now. Not the McNabb from 8 years ago. McNabb did lead us there but he wasn't the leader. It was that defense that pulled us. It was being able to get a turnover. We made the playoffs without McNabb as well. You can say all you want about him not having receivers, no argument there.

Kolb is gonna put up nice numbers in Reid's offense. He has a better arm and is more accurate than McNabb. Both Jackson and Maclin were talking last year about how Kolb throws a better ball than McNabb. Kolb started 2 games last year and threw for over 300 yards both times. Sure one was against the Chiefs but the other was a shootout against the Super Bowl Champions and he more than held his own.

McNabb isn't mobile anymore and his arm accuracy has progressed the last 2 years to the point where he was throwing into the dirt for 2 quarters a game. Those other 2 quarters? Sure he looked fantastic.

DO you really think the Eagles would have traded McNabb to a division rival if they really felt he was still a big threat? I was the biggest McNabb supporter there was but after a while you get sick of it.

So to me we did upgrade at QB. Kolb will have a great year and the Redskins will be out of it by late November anyway.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #54
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:

i agree. djax is actually one of my favorite eagles. but he really isnt that good of a pure wide reciever. but that doesnt mean that he is not a good player. he can take it the distance any time he has the ball in his hands. which is why i agree with his rating, because he is so dangerous.

now upgrading at quarterback? the only thing that has gotten upgraded is kolbs accuracy. mcnabb had the experience, the ability to scramble and get away from pressure. but the accuracy part could be HUGE, however. time will tell.

i think the defense is vastly improved also. stewart bradley actually got a vote for all pro the year before last. he is a great mike linebacker. ernie sims, if he lives up to what his expectations are, could be another great linebacker. there are questions at corner, but if a team has a great pass rush, they could have mediocre corners and still have a great pass defense. we just have to see if the eagles pass rush can reach their potential.

in my opinion the birds could go 11-5 or 6-10. there are ALOT of "if" factors.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:22 PM   #55
RE2PECT

NYYanks26's Arena

Everyone sleeping on Weaver too.. Eagles got a nice young offense. I think maybe the 2nd best offense in the NFC behind the Saints.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYanks26
Upgraded a QB might have been a swipe but you know what? I'd rather have Kolb than McNabb right now. Not the McNabb from 8 years ago. McNabb did lead us there but he wasn't the leader. It was that defense that pulled us. It was being able to get a turnover. We made the playoffs without McNabb as well. You can say all you want about him not having receivers, no argument there.

Kolb is gonna put up nice numbers in Reid's offense. He has a better arm and is more accurate than McNabb. Both Jackson and Maclin were talking last year about how Kolb throws a better ball than McNabb. Kolb started 2 games last year and threw for over 300 yards both times. Sure one was against the Chiefs but the other was a shootout against the Super Bowl Champions and he more than held his own.

McNabb isn't mobile anymore and his arm accuracy has progressed the last 2 years to the point where he was throwing into the dirt for 2 quarters a game. Those other 2 quarters? Sure he looked fantastic.

DO you really think the Eagles would have traded McNabb to a division rival if they really felt he was still a big threat? I was the biggest McNabb supporter there was but after a while you get sick of it.

So to me we did upgrade at QB. Kolb will have a great year and the Redskins will be out of it by late November anyway.
I kind of see Kolb as Schaub was in atlanta. Basically when he played, the receivers played better as opposed to Vick. I do think Kolb will be succesful but I think people are crowning him a good quarterback to early. I don't even think he has proven himself starting worthy yet, although my hunch is that he will do that this year.

And yes I think the Eagles know that McNabb is dangerous. They traded him to the Redskins out of respect towards him, not because they thought he was harmless.

I disagree with you, but good argument and I understand and respect your view on things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »