Home

Madden NFL 11 Interview: Real-Time Physics and More with Ian Cummings (GoMadden)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Interview: Real-Time Physics and More with Ian Cummings (GoMadden) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 11 Interview: Real-Time Physics and More with Ian Cummings (GoMadden)

would love for EA to implement real time physics in future games and try to address some game play issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2010, 10:37 AM   #42
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 11 Interview: Real-Time Physics and More with Ian Cummings (GoMadden)

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Tdogg09, I was talking about why it might not be doable on the current consoles. Having the whole physics package plus all the goodies that madden already has. Nobody knows if that would work because it has not been done.
The reason I was saying about the players looking more human is because the physics effects on a human would not be the exact same if they used something else like marshmallow men, or their furturistic half human half robot looking creatures.
Point being that in order to see the best representation of the physics engine the football players need to look like actual football players.

Lol. Players in Backbreaker look very human. They all look like the same diesel FB or LB human, but they look very human.

Players in Madden however, do not look human. Everyone looks too skinny and their heads are too big. A human being is anywhere from 6 and 1/2 to 7 heads tall. This is one of the first basics that you are taught in any anatomy drawing class. If you measured a player model from Madden, I would be shocked if they were more than 5.

Players in Backbreaker may be slightly exaggerated, but if you think that the player models in Madden look more realistic, forget about how hi res they are or how many polygons they use, but that the overall shape and dimensions of the player models in Madden are more realistic... well, let's just say that basic anatomy doesn't agree with you.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation28
Well I hope franchise mode was at least tuned up for '11. I'm mean was anything done?
They claim to have fixed franchise stats, but whether they really have remains to be seen.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #44
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
Some of you guys need to stop bringing up the other game. Just giving a heads up is all.
"Other" games will always be a part of the discussion as long as Tiburon continues the approach they take. There are countless times Tiburon says or insinuates something can't be done, only to see another game [essentially] do it with far less resources and development time. Which makes people wonder what would occur if the odds were even. If not for exclusivity, I'm sure we wouldn't be hearing this casual/cautious approach to pushing forward with much-needed innovation. You can see how people have been conditioned in this very thread - some are expecting BB or even APF to be in their first years what Madden isn't in it's 5th or 6th yr of development. If Madden were actually held to a standard of what it should be, rather than people being thankful it isn't as bad as it was, we might see significant improvement. Until then they're going to remain protected by exclusivity because there simply aren't any other options.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 07-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #45
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

To further Spank's point, I think that it is more than OK to bring up Backbreaker in the context of this thread, I think it's only logical. How can you not discuss and compare Backbreaker, a Football game that has a physics engine, when you are talking about Madden potentially implementing one? How could you not? It is totally relevant. A mod can disagree, but that won't make it any less so.

If I'm banned for making a logical comparison of something that is totally relevant, then so be it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2010, 01:23 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Madden is EA's security blanket. They won't do anything too risky incase they manage to screw that up, so other projects are responsible for innovation, which Madden may adopt in the future if it was well received in the othr projects.

And they can get away with this because of the lack of serious competition. The FIFA series had to be the innovator by force and it propelled that series to the outright lead.
See? There are still intelligent posters on OS
Old 07-10-2010, 01:24 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
"Other" games will always be a part of the discussion as long as Tiburon continues the approach they take. There are countless times Tiburon says or insinuates something can't be done, only to see another game [essentially] do it with far less resources and development time. Which makes people wonder what would occur if the odds were even. If not for exclusivity, I'm sure we wouldn't be hearing this casual/cautious approach to pushing forward with much-needed innovation. You can see how people have been conditioned in this very thread - some are expecting BB or even APF to be in their first years what Madden isn't in it's 5th or 6th yr of development. If Madden were actually held to a standard of what it should be, rather than people being thankful it isn't as bad as it was, we might see significant improvement. Until then they're going to remain protected by exclusivity because there simply aren't any other options.
This post should be framed and stickied. Dead on!
Old 07-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3
Does this mean there is officially no online franchise improvement? If so I'm skipping Madden 11.

I really want exhibition matches, practice mode and salary cap on online franchise!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »