Home

Old 07-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CFL?

Why, when the NHL games have added EVERY single league they can, with College teams likely to be next. Has Madden not even hinted at adding the CFL? It's 6 teams, you'll get more sales with it then without it and the rules can't be that much of a problem. NHL has even made the ice surfaces bigger for international play, as well as taken out the behind the net trapezoid. Madden can add an extra down and a couple more yards. Geeze.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: CFL?

In theory it sounds like it can work but in practice probably not. You'd need a different engine to acomodate the Canadian game. Larger field, more players, very different play designs etc etc.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 07-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
In theory it sounds like it can work but in practice probably not. You'd need a different engine to acomodate the Canadian game. Larger field, more players, very different play designs etc etc.
So, all the other Football leagues they have all use the same rules. It's not like it's ten different sets of rules. It's NFL and CFL. The CFL can play, have you seen them? It gets more intense then most NFL games I've seen. One extra player wont destroy the game and as for play patterns. A play is a play. We can create our own anyway.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
We live in the same Area Code
Old 07-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I doubt it would require a whole new engine. The Arena Football game used the same engine as Madden that year I believe and its a lot different from the NFL than the CFL is.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #6
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I believe the NFL is considering forming their own minor league of sorts to replace what was NFL Europe. If that happens there is a better chance of seeing that in the game than the CFL.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13

it would not need a new engine. fifa used to have indoor soccer leagues on it, that was like ps1 i think too. they should do this. madden should have the nfl, cfl and afl all on one disc. i would LOVE it! an up to date football fix year 'round...
Old 07-09-2010, 11:15 PM   #8
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

They could add the UFL (United Football League) as the "minor league" if the NFL does indeed buy it out...5 teams currently (with a hope of 8 I think?) and a lot of past NFL players and NFL hopefuls are already on their rosters...and JUST ABOUT everything is the same rule-wise...

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »