Home

The Greatness of Revis

This is a discussion on The Greatness of Revis within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: The Greatness of Revis

Remember when Cromartie was considered the greatest by many? Takes consistency for a few years imo. . But he is one of the best players in the league. I wonder how he would fair with the Lions though.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life
Remember when Cromartie was considered the greatest by many? Takes consistency for a few years imo. . But he is one of the best players in the league. I wonder how he would fair with the Lions though.
Cromartie never did what Revis did. I watched every play of every Jet game last season. You cannot play any better. He got burned one time all season and it was by the worst receiver in the NFL(Tedd Ginn, haha). Sherry Rhodes was at fault though.

The Jets secondary has the chance to be even better then last year. They were #1 in the NFL in pass yards per game by 30 YPG. Scary. That was with a bunch of journeyman corners and Lito 'I suck' Sheppard.

Now the Jets add Cromartie who should bounce back to hopefully his old self in the Jets style of defense and rookie Kyle Wilson who some thought was the #1 corner in the draft.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #11
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

No offence or anything, but this is very tenuously linked to Madden..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #12
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

OVR: 5

revis is definetly a great player. it also helps that he is in a blitz heavy scheme where qbs have little time to throw. not taking anything from him because he is great, but i would take woodson all day (he also is put in a great position by his scheme). hopefully they will be used in the game right, as revis will follow best wr instead of being able to hide your wr in slot or opposite field.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:23 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightnreyes
Cromartie never did what Revis did. I watched every play of every Jet game last season. You cannot play any better. He got burned one time all season and it was by the worst receiver in the NFL(Tedd Ginn, haha). Sherry Rhodes was at fault though.

The Jets secondary has the chance to be even better then last year. They were #1 in the NFL in pass yards per game by 30 YPG. Scary. That was with a bunch of journeyman corners and Lito 'I suck' Sheppard.

Now the Jets add Cromartie who should bounce back to hopefully his old self in the Jets style of defense and rookie Kyle Wilson who some thought was the #1 corner in the draft.
The problem is, he lacks any type of toughness. In his 2007 amazing season, most the interceptions were straight to him, except against the Colts were he had a freak of a game. If Rex Ryan can somehow help him get rid of his man-gina, then I'll be impressed. But he is the most wussie player I have ever seen, met, and dealt with.

By the way, who cares about yards, what really matters is PPG, and Jets were #1 in that. Just my opinion for future debates thiscoming season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »