Home

53 Man Preseason Rosters?

This is a discussion on 53 Man Preseason Rosters? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
53 Man Preseason Rosters?

I don't know if it has been discussed but does anyone know if we will be able to have more than 53 player slots during preseason? To truly make preseason at least mean a little something for players attempting to make an NFL roster. Also, a practice squad by any chance or will we have to wait yet another year or more to implement these? I really miss NFL Head Coach the depth of that game compared to Madden's limited franchise is really a major letdown.

Last edited by MissionMaximus; 07-11-2010 at 08:20 PM. Reason: I Love and miss NFL Head Coach!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 53 Man Preseason Rosters?

That would be great..Haven't heard anything about it tho..Nor do I think they will anytime soon
Old 07-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

I agree completely.

One thing I'd like to point out though..... We've had 55 man rosters in Madden for years now, not 53.

It would add so much to the Franchise mode if we had to make some tough decisions on "cut days" in the pre-season. I'd love it.

We also need to bring Pre-season player progression. It's so silly that they took that away. Many, many players make or break the beginning of their careers based on their Pre-season performance, and their ability to show some ability to reach their potential.

Big mistake in the realism department by not making the Pre-season mean something in Franchise mode.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Doubt it. Im assuming that info would've already been released. Maybe next year when they "revamp" Franchise
Old 07-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Next year if we're lucky.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Given that the devs have already mentioned that they've done nothing to franchise mode outside of working with whats already there, I highly, highly, doubt we'll see cut days, or practice squads this year.

The devs did mention that next year(Madden '12) they are looking to start building the foundation for a more immersive franchise mode. Will that entail cut days and practice squads..nobody knows for sure right now, but Madden '12 would be the earliest that I would imagine we'd see either of those things, or any of the other additions we franchise nuts are wanting to see added.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-12-2010, 02:50 AM   #7
Rookie

raiderzride4free's Arena

OVR: 1

im willing to bet money that come this time next year, EA will say they didnt have the time to redo franchise again. they say it year after year. im not expecting a new franchise ever at this point. there is no reason for us to be 6 to 7 years into next gen gaming and still have this kinda franchise but yet on the ps2 and xbox we have waaaaay better franchise. sorry im just annoyed at the fact they say the same crap every year and then never deliver the next year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »