Home

So, does the CPU still know when you are running the ball?

This is a discussion on So, does the CPU still know when you are running the ball? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2010, 12:23 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
So, does the CPU still know when you are running the ball?

So I decided to pop in Madden 10 (didn't buy 11, no franchise upgrades) to get some play with my Pats. Very soon I remembered that the damn CPU ALWAYS knows when I run the ball........ Every time I pass out of the 4 WR spread the CPU comes out in a nickle/dime formations which is great, but when I try a running play out the 4 WR spread the CPU comes out in their base formation. WTF?! Its REALLY annoying because you can just switch to a pass play and abuse the CPU up and down the field. Worst is, they come out of the goal line formation when you are in their 10 yard line when there are 4 WRs in my formation...... Has this been fixed yet? Thanks

*Actual time may vary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2010, 06:24 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: So, does the CPU still know when you are running the ball?

You could always pick a pass play then audible into a run?

In Mad 11, that's kinda fixed, so you will get the right defensive set most times. but you also get them blitzing too often, which is too easy to exploit. 2 steps forward, 2 back.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:49 AM   #3
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
So I decided to pop in Madden 10 (didn't buy 11, no franchise upgrades) to get some play with my Pats. Very soon I remembered that the damn CPU ALWAYS knows when I run the ball........ Every time I pass out of the 4 WR spread the CPU comes out in a nickle/dime formations which is great, but when I try a running play out the 4 WR spread the CPU comes out in their base formation. WTF?! Its REALLY annoying because you can just switch to a pass play and abuse the CPU up and down the field. Worst is, they come out of the goal line formation when you are in their 10 yard line when there are 4 WRs in my formation...... Has this been fixed yet? Thanks
Do you even watch real football? Defenses "know" what the offense will do (pass or run) 95% of the time. They read the o-linemen/receivers/backs before the play. The other 5% result in touchdowns.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:58 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy748
You could always pick a pass play then audible into a run?

In Mad 11, that's kinda fixed, so you will get the right defensive set most times. but you also get them blitzing too often, which is too easy to exploit. 2 steps forward, 2 back.
Doesn't matter. You can notice it when the CPU brings the safety into the box when you're running, if you audible to a pass, he'll drop back into the secondary, then if you audible back into a run, he'll move back into the box.

It's comical sometimes.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11

I notice this alot when im in a 3 wr set. If I pick a run play out of that set the D is almost always in their standard 4-3 or 3-4 but if I pick a pass play out of 3wr set they are always in Nickel.......which leads me to believe that the AI still knows when you are running or passing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBrady
Do you even watch real football? Defenses "know" what the offense will do (pass or run) 95% of the time. They read the o-linemen/receivers/backs before the play. The other 5% result in touchdowns.

Yeah because in the NFL teams come out of the goal line formation when I am going to run a draw play out of 4 WR set. I guess I don't watch real football then.

*Actual time may vary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »